Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation at 6 weeks pregnant?
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
I would stay put. But that’s just me. I would be too scared to cv get bad news while on the trip.

Edited to add that Bh with all my nerves my first pregnancy is bh doing well:) 17 weeks along. Davening for u iyh it should all be good and a healthy baby!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
I went. By that point I had a heartbeat and an 7 week u/s where everything was on track. I also prepared myself by looking into my insurance and made a mental plan of how I would deal with complications.

How long after first beta is the 7 week ultrasound? I just got a positive pregnancy test, my beta is on Wednesday. I think the ultrasound might fall out over the vacation week. And it will not be a relaxing beach vacation at all. But my older kids would be so upset if I stayed home.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:54 pm
amother wrote:
How long after first beta is the 7 week ultrasound? I just got a positive pregnancy test, my beta is on Wednesday. I think the ultrasound might fall out over the vacation week. And it will not be a relaxing beach vacation at all. But my older kids would be so upset if I stayed home.

Totally didn’t realize there were other kids. I read the op and thought it was a young couple- in that case I found obsessing about it with my husband and being nervous would just not be relaxing.

I really was not worried about the flight or travel just nervous to get bad news. Iyh ull enjoy with ur family (cut urself slack and take it easy if u don’t feel well, but not out of fear) and come hear to hear good news. If god forbid it won’t be it will have nothing to do...

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:27 am
I’ve traveled at that stage by all four of my pregnancies (3 of which were fertility babies). Each person is different. I brought nausea bands on one trip and lots of carbs each time. My dr actually told me by one of the trips that it was best time to travel to somewhere exotic because don’t need to be somewhere with NICU, good hospital for babies, only thing that can happen at this point is a miss. and wouldn’t be cuz of the traveling. although officially second trimester is really best time for travel if u can manage that. but sometimes u just gotta go when u can...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:17 am
I wouldn't unless I didn't realize I am pregnant which is basically the story last time I was pregnant lol. I went ALONE with my two oldest. Took the test back home...

I took a trip end second /beginning thrid trimester, and it was HORRIBLE. Cramps and all. There's a reason you need a medical certificate..

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
Totally didn’t realize there were other kids. I read the op and thought it was a young couple- in that case I found obsessing about it with my husband and being nervous would just not be relaxing.

I really was not worried about the flight or travel just nervous to get bad news. Iyh ull enjoy with ur family (cut urself slack and take it easy if u don’t feel well, but not out of fear) and come hear to hear good news. If god forbid it won’t be it will have nothing to do...

Sorry I’m the one who bumped I’m not the OP. It’s not a take it easy type of trip think theme parks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics