Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Playgroup Tipping

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 1:42 pm
How much do you tip your playgroup morahs? How about assistants?

Also, how often? Chanuka and Purim?

Brooklyn based if that makes a difference

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:35 pm
Bump

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:36 pm
I just asked a few ppl about this and was told about twenty.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:43 pm

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:49 pm
cnc wrote:

I don’t believe that’s enough if it’s onky once a year, the asst’s work very hard with these toddlers and I don’t believe their salaries ar very high. I’d say at least $50 and more if you can afford. We gave $100.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
I don’t believe that’s enough if it’s onky once a year, the asst’s work very hard with these toddlers and I don’t believe their salaries ar very high. I’d say at least $50 and more if you can afford. We gave $100.

You gave an assistant $100???

I’ve never heard of that in my life. I would say $18 is a nice amount for the assistant. $25 for the teacher.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:

I tip Purim and Chanukah and more than that is not in my budget since I b"h have multiple children and try to tip all teachers and Rebbeim and bus drivers. (I just prepared my envelopes. I'm tipping 14 people so there's no way I can afford to tip $50 or $100 a person.)

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:01 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
You gave an assistant $100???

I’ve never heard of that in my life. I would say $18 is a nice amount for the assistant. $25 for the teacher.

Lol. I was also thinking that's bizzare.
Most people I know tip 10-20. If you can tip more then kol hakavod by all means, but it's certainly not the standard.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:04 pm
With 2 kids ka"h I have 19 people to tip. 10 teachers, 6-7 therapists and 3 bus drivers. It's really difficult and no I don't tip $50 or $100. I write heartfelt thank you cards and add something inside.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:10 pm
It’s a tip. Something meant to show הכרת הטוב. You payed your tuitions. Everyone should give whatever is within their means without breaking their budget.
I’m a teacher and I understand that peoples’ budgets are stretched sometimes to a breaking point. So give what you can not what others tell you to.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 1:44 am
I'm a playgroup assistant / co teacher..the moms that tip Chanukah time..usually give $20 -$25 ..

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:41 am
0 tip... I pay.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:56 am
I was a Nursery teacher and a playgroup teacher for like 10 years in Brooklyn, NY.
$20 is the average, I got $50 occasionally and very rarely did I get a $100 or a $10. ( I just gave up my job, so my experience is recent)

As a parent, I tip a Rebbe $100, a preschool teacher $50 because I do appreciate their work immensely! And I was a teacher and still remember how I danced for every $50:)
I loved my students equally, the tip did not effect the care or attention they received at all! but some of my co-workers did feel that the tip made a difference.

Prettygirl30

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 6:20 am
I'm a babysitter and a tip or a gift with a note goes a long way! I don't ever expect the gift but it's a token., And for the imamother that says she doesn't tip she pays tution ... I work to support my family so it's very rare when I see that money... It normally goes straight to pay for my kids bh monthly tution.... Theses gifts show appreciation and are for me and keep me going.... I have one mother that writes me a thank you a note monthly with payments... It makes me feel great... No I don't treat the children differently that didn't give me anything... But I'll go the extra mile faster for the ones that did like texting the mom when the child last ate so she could pump or if they have an appointment make sure there's water in there bottle in case they need at there appointment...etc... It's the thought that counts it doesn't have to be $100 just know that tution doesn't last long by a teacher.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:29 am
never!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:06 am
I used to tip $20-$25 with a nice card. The average is $20 though. I tipped twice a year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics