Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/O Lost Keys
Previous  1  2

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 3:42 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I threw $100 in the garbage once
I lost a roast that I made for chag, can’t remember if I ever found it....
Lost my boots, they were in my baby’s room
Found my phone in the freezer once....

How do you lose a roast?? That is the strangest one yet!

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Years ago, I used to work in an office downtown. A friend of mine was working late, and was going to lock up, so I left early.

My phone rings, and it's her. She wants to know if I'd seen her cell phone anywhere. I told her no, but then I don't really notice things like that. I start talking her through her last steps, photocopier? coffee machine? fax machine? boss's office? leave it in your car? This goes on for quite a while.

Then it hits me. "Um, what phone are you calling me from?"...

It was not the office phone, it was HER phone! Yes, the one we've been looking for.

I don't know which one of us laughed harder, but I know I was about to pee my pants. Which one of us is dumber? The one who calls on her phone while looking for it, or me, who sees her name come up on my phone, and helps her look for it anyway? Laugh

I remember looking for my cellphone using the flashlight of my...you guessed it, cell phone. I remember thinking "no, that can't be it. I didn't really just do that." Yup, I did.

Harried mama

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:13 am
I once boiled eggs before Shabbos and put them into a container in the fridge for shalosh seudos. Before I went to bed Friday night, I noticed there was only one egg left in the container and there had been 7 originally. I assumed my toddler must have thrown them in the garbage.

The following Thursday, DH took out a tray of eggs from the fridge to make the kids omelets. He tried cracking an egg, but it wouldn't crack. Finally, the shell cracked and inside was, you guessed it, a hard-boiled egg. He found the other 5 in the tray too. My 5-year-old confessed that he had thought it was a good idea to put them back in the tray. Mystery solved!

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:27 am
I once frantically was looking for my glasses only to realize they were sitting on my nose

princessleah

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 6:52 am
Another mom wrote:
You are so funny!! I think I'd like you IRL Very Happy

Thanks!!

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:03 am
Groisamama, I can so relate to your post! Regarding the ring - I also lost and found it a lot of times - it survived four moves. I recently decided to just put it away and buy a fake ring - silver plated cz, and use that instead.

L25

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:06 am
my mother and aunt both got cz versions of their rings made. My SIL bought a cz ring after many years of marriage and she said she got so many compliments on it- people wanted to know if my brother (Who's learning in kollel) bought it for her. She laughed and said it's fake!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics