Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster for mid winter break with little kids

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:46 am
Has anyone done it? Kids are 3 and 5. Have points at any Starwood or Marriott hotel if anyone has suggestions l? Anything else indoors is a must do?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:55 am
I would think Dutch Wonderland and Cherry Crest Farm are closed in the winter . Those were two places my kids loved when they were little.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:57 am
Honestly, theres nothing to do in Lancaster in the winter. All outdoor attractions are closed.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:04 pm
You can visit one of the food factories. Herrs etc. turkey hill farm. You can see if the hotel has a pool. There is a small children’s museum if you have membership to another children’s museum it has reciprocal privileges

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:07 pm
I was thinking abt going to Crayola or Hershey chocolate factory with the kids.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:13 pm
Crayola is nowhere near Lancaster/Hershy. They're a good 2-2 1/2 hour drive apart.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:15 pm
Interesting idea! Lancaster/Hershey Park is usually a summer trip for us. But now that I'm thinking, you could probably have a great time! There is the choo-choo barn (I've never been but neighbors have kids who love it). We have gone to the Railroad museum when I had a son who loved trains and he liked it a lot. In addition to these huge trains, they had a room with a display of little trains that you could press buttons to activate certain parts and make it light up or move that they enjoyed a lot. Also, I think there is a hotel with an indoor water park, so maybe that runs in the winter, not sure what its called. Also, we drove from Lakewood once and passed through Pennsylvania to go to a lego discovery center which was very nice. Not really sure if its on the way, or we just made some convoluted stop. Also the food factory tours as someone mentioned are fun too. and the Hershey's Factory tour is also fun and free. And they have a 4D show there also, so you can spend some more time there (and money, lol.)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:18 pm
We stayed at the Lancaster Marriott quite some years ago so I'm assuming its still there unless it was bought out or changed names.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics