Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation in Deerfield Beach, FL?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:58 pm
We are going for a few days during yeshiva week to Deerfield Beach and I would really appreciate any helpful info. Specifically:

1) Does anyone know of specific attractions around there that they'd recommend? (Children age 5-11)

2) Is there any particular spot on the beach that is recommended to go to that won't be crowded?

3) Any recommendations for restaurants nearby that won't be crazy packed? We're not picky.

4) Kosher supermarkets nearby?

5) We're flying in to FLL. Do I need to buy a toll pass for the driving?

cooksallday

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:37 pm
Can't answer all your questions but I went there a few years ago. There's nothing kosher near by, the closest place is Boca and that's about a 15-20 min drive. Some good restaurants there (Mozart cafe and Asia Boca from what I remember, and there's a kosher grocery store.) Deerfield Beach is basically just beach, any attractions are a drive away. That being said, I'm sure you'll have a great time! Just do your research in advance.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:54 pm
Rental cars come with a sunpass for tolls. As a previous poster said, Boca is the closest for kosher. Check out sugar sand park. Also lion country safari is close.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:51 pm
Thank you for the replies! We're willing to drive up to an hour for attractions, and 20 minutes for food, so any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Lion country safari looks right up our alley.

Regarding tolls, sunpass comes with the rental car, but they charge you a $15 administrative fee for each toll. Will there be tolls in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area that I need to prepared for? And if yes, is there a pass I need to buy, or should I have cash on hand?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for the replies! We're willing to drive up to an hour for attractions, and 20 minutes for food, so any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Lion country safari looks right up our alley.

Regarding tolls, sunpass comes with the rental car, but they charge you a $15 administrative fee for each toll. Will there be tolls in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area that I need to prepared for? And if yes, is there a pass I need to buy, or should I have cash on hand?

Depending what roads you take, but you can usually avoid toll roads. Just put that setting in your GPS. There are almost no toll booths available to accept cash. The only option besides the sunpass is toll by plate, which would cost you even more. You can buy your own sunpass but I'm not sure how you would go about covering up the rental car sunpass. It's usually a sticker on the windshield that doesn't really come off. You should probably ask the rental car agency about that.

Young at art is a fun museum not too far. There's also the museum of science and discovery, which has some interesting imax shows. It's really worth checking Google for nearby parks as there are some beautiful, fun parks in South Florida.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics