Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does anyone here work 6 days a week?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:27 pm
I wanted to know if anyone here works every day of the week except shabbos?
Is it hard? How do you find "me" time?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:09 pm
I have, at times. But I never worked more than a few hours on Sunday, so maybe my experience isn't helpful. I don't mind getting out for a few hours on Sunday morning, and then I had the afternoon to take care of stuff. Me time doesn't really happen when kids are awake anyway..

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:17 pm
I did it for a few months but then it got too much so I quit my Sunday job. The extra money was nice but I felt like I never caught up to myself.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
I have, at times. But I never worked more than a few hours on Sunday, so maybe my experience isn't helpful. I don't mind getting out for a few hours on Sunday morning, and then I had the afternoon to take care of stuff. Me time doesn't really happen when kids are awake anyway..
I live in Israel, so it would be sun - thur 8 - 5 and then friday 8 - 12. Does that make it different do you think?

littleprincess

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:19 pm
I used to work 6 days a week 9 - 4 . My children were young and had early bedtime so me time was in the evening . I went swimming once a week and got together with friends sometimes . It was quit hard shopping wise . I did my errands on way home from work . Clothing lots of online ordering. Here and there I took a day off to go shopping .
Friday I only worked half a day so summer time I used to go shopping Friday afternoon

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:19 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
I did it for a few months but then it got too much so I quit my Sunday job. The extra money was nice but I felt like I never caught up to myself.
This is one and the same job all of the days of the week.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:21 pm
littleprincess wrote:
I used to work 6 days a week 9 - 4 . My children were young and had early bedtime so me time was in the evening . I went swimming once a week and got together with friends sometimes . It was quit hard shopping wise . I did my errands on way home from work . Clothing lots of online ordering. Here and there I took a day off to go shopping .
Friday I only worked half a day so summer time I used to go shopping Friday afternoon
And you didnt experience burn out very quickly?

I want to do this job, but Im very nervous about burn out.
I will have the evenings free too (my kids are old enough to not need me when they get home from school etc) but just a bit nervous.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:33 pm
I work all weekday mornings, a bit in the afternoons, and 8-4 Sundays.

I think it depends on what you do, how well your family functions without you, your energy levels, and lots more.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 2:48 pm
imasinger wrote:
I work all weekday mornings, a bit in the afternoons, and 8-4 Sundays.

I think it depends on what you do, how well your family functions without you, your energy levels, and lots more.
It isnt a high power or highly stressful job, just majorly full time (or maybe its even considered over full time)

Do you ever get burn out? How do you manage to get things done like shopping, any appointments you need to go to?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:56 pm
I work Sunday - Thursday 9-4 and Friday 9-12
Im in England.
I do feel I work very hard and I’m doing as much as I can handle.
My kids finish school at 4:15 I use the 5 minute drive to unwind and mentally prepare for them.
Their smiles at the school gate energise me.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
It isnt a high power or highly stressful job, just majorly full time (or maybe its even considered over full time)

Do you ever get burn out? How do you manage to get things done like shopping, any appointments you need to go to?

It's not easy. I try to multitask whenever possible.

Can you convince them to let you have the position on a trial basis?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 4:59 pm
I work full time Mon - Fri and recently started working for 3 hours on Sundays. I'm finding it very, very hard, and I may stop soon. Or cut down to every other Sunday. I don't have time for myself, for my kids or to accomplish anything.

Its Friday

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 5:09 pm
I do 2 Sundays and 2 Fridays a month - less hours on Friday. In my previous company for many years was 2 Sundays and ALL Fridays till 12

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 5:16 pm
Sure I do — I'm self-employed and often work on Motzei Shabbos too.

It helps that I love my work! Heart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics