Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tonsillectomy for strep throat
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
My child has PANDAS too, does it get much better once the tonsils are out?

Dc stopped getting exposed to as many flare ups to pandas bh since. We try to be careful about playdates too. Restrict sleepovers because I've seen flare ups when friend slept over who afterwards we heard had strep.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:40 pm
There are many alternative options to try before having tonsils removed but they are not quick fixes, they require time and effort and money and commitment. They latest long term study of T&A removal shows increased risk of many disorders, so removing these is not without significant risk. (of course, it may be that the ppl that had T&A removed were more prone to sickness to begin with, for other reasons, the T&A was not necessarily the cause, but still gives one pause). https://jamanetwork.com/journa.....83621

Some alternatives that people have found success with is removing dairy and gluten from diet, other allergens or sensitivities if known, herbs and supplements that help with lymphatic drainage because tonsils are part of the lymphatic system, oregano oil gargled or sprayed directly on the tonsil, colloidal silver spray directly on the tonsils. Blis K2 friendly strep probiotic lozenges, and herbal treatment of system strep if it's become resistant to antibiotics.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
There are many alternative options to try before having tonsils removed but they are not quick fixes, they require time and effort and money and commitment. They latest long term study of T&A removal shows increased risk of many disorders, so removing these is not without significant risk. (of course, it may be that the ppl that had T&A removed were more prone to sickness to begin with, for other reasons, the T&A was not necessarily the cause, but still gives one pause). https://jamanetwork.com/journa.....83621

Some alternatives that people have found success with is removing dairy and gluten from diet, other allergens or sensitivities if known, herbs and supplements that help with lymphatic drainage because tonsils are part of the lymphatic system, oregano oil gargled or sprayed directly on the tonsil, colloidal silver spray directly on the tonsils. Blis K2 friendly strep probiotic lozenges, and herbal treatment of system strep if it's become resistant to antibiotics.

Herbal treatment of system strep didnt work in the shtetl and it doesnt work now.

If untreated, strep throat can cause complications, such as kidney inflammation or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a specific type of rash, or heart valve damage. This damage is permanent.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 7:54 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
I read about this in article somewhere. I give 2 daily to my strep prone kids and bli ayn harah, I see huge improvement. I removed tonsils from three of my older kids. I’ve tried this for my younger ones and I really see a difference. They have not gotten strep once while on it. They we’re getting strep every six weeks before.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:10 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Herbal treatment of system strep didnt work in the shtetl and it doesnt work now.

If untreated, strep throat can cause complications, such as kidney inflammation or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a specific type of rash, or heart valve damage. This damage is permanent.
(the shtetl did not have access to quality herbal preparations and ppl were generally malnourished)

I'm not talking about treating acute strep infections, I'm talking about treating chronic, subacute strep harbored in the tonsils. Very different.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B112QJQ?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
I read about this in article somewhere. I give 2 daily to my strep prone kids and bli ayn harah, I see huge improvement. I removed tonsils from three of my older kids. I’ve tried this for my younger ones and I really see a difference. They have not gotten strep once while on it. They we’re getting strep every six weeks before.

How many a day for the kids? And for me? I have terrible sinus infections.
What does it taste like? How long have you been giving this? I heard of this too last year.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:13 pm
I know 2 kids who had their tonsils scraped, not totally removed, and they bled like crazy and had to be readmitted and the tonsils totally removed (and parents had to pay 2 bills) so it seems like you need to go all the way.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:28 pm
Thanks for all the responses!

I think I’m going to try the vitamin that was posted earlier and schedule appointment by ENT. Will see where we go from there...
Also the poster that wrote about partial versus full tonsillectomy I’m definitely gonna ask for full if we do surgery because I am dealing with the PANDAS part too and want to eradicate any tendency for strep to the best of my ability

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
(the shtetl did not have access to quality herbal preparations and ppl were generally malnourished)

I'm not talking about treating acute strep infections, I'm talking about treating chronic, subacute strep harbored in the tonsils. Very different.
chronic strep harbored in the tonsils is just as dangerous as regular strep

it's the exact same thing

Rheumatic fever is nothing to sneeze at please don't risk it for your kids in order to be more natural
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics