Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Sending Money to Israel

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 1:29 pm
I'd like to give a check as a wedding present to a couple in Israel. How is that done these days? From what I understand, writing a regular check won't work?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 3:01 pm
If you give a non israeli check then they will have to go to a change place and will loose money. The best idea is to either do a bank transfer or give someone cash that you know is going. That way they wont loose as much changing to shekels.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 8:02 pm
OP here. A check feels more appropriate than a bank transfer, and it is too much cash to bring along. How much are we talking about in terms of the cost if they need to take it to a money changer?

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
OP here. A check feels more appropriate than a bank transfer, and it is too much cash to bring along. How much are we talking about in terms of the cost if they need to take it to a money changer?

A money changer will typically take 2% from an American check

nameless

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:44 am
If you have a way of finding out if the couple has an American bank account, that they can do a deposit by scanning the image or even sending it back (a little annoying but I'm sure they'll still appreciate your gift) then you can give an American check anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions