Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Embarrassing home management question
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:04 pm
Isn't it messy and awkward to shave into the sink? I've never heard of shaving outside the shower. Is there a reason you choose to do it this way?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:16 pm
zaq wrote:
I have those In both sink and tub and it’s amazing how much crud collects in there every day.

I agree. Been using them for years on all drains and absolutely love them.
This thread actually inspired me to search online for a flat one since my current tub has a crisscross over it and doesn't allow for the usual mesh drain cover that slopes downward. Score- found and ordered one! Hope it works just as well.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:22 pm
Can you share a link? I would love to order one but I have no idea what you are referring to.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
Can you share a link? I would love to order one but I have no idea what you are referring to.

Something like this. They come in kitchen sink sizes as well as bathroom sink/tub sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d....._QL65

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:55 am
I don't think I've never shaved in the sink

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:07 am
Thank so much, ladies, both for the responses so far and the links!

What I don’t understand is how you manage to shave in the shower, when the water is running? Can someone describe/explain the logistics of shaving in the shower? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:47 am
Turn the water off

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:48 am
amother wrote:

What I don’t understand is how you manage to shave in the shower, when the water is running? Can someone describe/explain the logistics of shaving in the shower? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Just don't have the water pointed at the part you're shaving.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:54 am
I can't figure out how you are shaving in the sink. How do you stand, how does your leg reach up there? How do you get the faucet to reach your leg for rinsing? Are you a contortionist?

Scratching Head What Scratching Head What Scratching Head

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:01 am
zaq wrote:
Were you the original owner? Lots of men empty their electric shavers into the sink.

THIS.

The shaved off bits of stubble that collect in men's electric savers can gunk up a drain if emptied into it all at once.

Also, men who use manual shavers (not electric) use shaving cream, and that (plus the hair and soap scum) can gunk up a drain.

someone

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I can't figure out how you are shaving in the sink. How do you stand, how does your leg reach up there? How do you get the faucet to reach your leg for rinsing? Are you a contortionist?

Scratching Head What Scratching Head What Scratching Head

This!! I have also been trying to figure this out. So what's your secret OP?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:23 am
amother wrote:

Thank you!

Wash yourself as usual.
Once wet, lather up one leg with either soap or shaving cream. Lift the leg and rest it on the lip of the tub. Shave. Rinse razor under the shower water. Continue shaving. Rinse leg. (Your back has water running down it from the shower head, but your leg does not.)
Much easier this way. Skin stays much softer and doesn't get chafed from having a dry razor rubbing back and forth on skin.

mom!

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:55 am
For all those who are asking how a women shaves in the sink-THEY DONT. Anyone who mentioned the sink here, was referring to man shaving.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 10:13 am
ra_mom wrote:
Wash yourself as usual.
Once wet, lather up one leg with either soap or shaving cream. Lift the leg and rest it on the lip of the tub. Shave. Rinse razor under the shower water. Continue shaving. Rinse leg. (Your back has water running down it from the shower head, but your leg does not.)
Much easier this way. Skin stays much softer and doesn't get chafed from having a dry razor rubbing back and forth on skin.

Thanks so much! I’ll try this
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics