Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD friend has pinworms

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:49 pm
So I just found out that my daughters friend has pinworms and I’m definitely worried. We’ve had this friend over a lot the past few weeks. The girls played dress up, shared snack bags, etc. this friend even had an accident by our house and we lent her clothing. And now she has pinworms. Is there anything I can do to make sure we are clear?? Should I wash all her dress up clothing? Does it need to be hot water? Is there anything preventative I can do for my daughter (and the rest of my family!)?

I’ve never dealt with this before and I really would rather not have to!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:56 pm
This is the first time you're aware of it, but it's almost guaranteed that your dd has played with many friends with pinworms. It's that common. I honestly wouldn't do anything special unless she ends up with symptoms.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
So I just found out that my daughters friend has pinworms (and the rest of my family!)?

I’ve never dealt with this before and I really would rather not have to!

Lot's of your daughters friends have pinworms, I wouldnt worry about it. If she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and itching- you'll have to deal with it, but seriously- dont stress.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 1:14 pm
I’m only this worried because they have been together a lot recently. The friends mother was in the hospital for like a week so this girl came over very frequently. I saw her itching herself once and she told me she had a mosquito bite. I sent her to wash her hands and then home to her father (they live next door) and she came back a few minutes later saying she was better....
Also she had an accident by us (as I said in op) and she borrowed underwear and clothing, so I’m worried on that account....

But the calmness of the responses is really helping!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 20 2019, 10:18 pm
So my daughter has. I’m more than a little freaked out, especially with the current pinworm thread (ladies who practically have chronic pinworms!). Please please help me calm down! What do I need to do??

We live in an apt building without our own washer/dryer just to make everything even more difficult...

Ah! I’m not ready for this! I’ve been having a crazy couple of months (bH nothing big, but many many small difficulties).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics