Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Dessert using apple pie filling

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 2:57 pm
I am trying to make a fruit themed sweet table for my sons Bar Mitzvah which will take place iy"h the night of Tu Bshvat. I have all kinds of fruity desserts but couldn't think of an easy, delicious and pretty apple idea. I do not want to do apple pie, apple cobbler or a warm apple dessert with ice cream. Do you have any ideas of a dessert using apple pie filling?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 2:59 pm
Apple turnovers (in puff pastry - made into little triangles - dusted with confectioners sugar).

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:03 pm
If you want to use cherry pie filling you can make pinwheels.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:04 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Apple turnovers (in puff pastry - made into little triangles - dusted with confectioners sugar).

I was thinking that actually but couldn't decide. I guess I'll go with that. Thanks

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:06 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you want to use cherry pie filling you can make pinwheels.

I did a cherry pie filling dessert already. I only needed an apple idea all the other fruits are covered. Thanks, for the idea though, I can do that in the future .

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I was thinking that actually but couldn't decide. I guess I'll go with that. Thanks

I have a friend who does apple turnovers for M'M every Purim (their surname has "apple" in it.) They are so good, my kids eat them in the car before we have rounded the corner.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:08 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I did a cherry pie filling dessert already. I only needed an apple idea all the other fruits are covered. Thanks, for the idea though, I can do that in the future .

Maybe you can use apple pie filling too. They end up looking something like this.
https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cherry-pinwheels/

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:08 pm
I made these one year for Rosh Hashana. They are very cute https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....kies/

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 3:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Maybe you can use apple pie filling too. They end up looking something like this.
https://www.bhg.com/recipe/cherry-pinwheels/

Oh. Fancy shmancy. Do you have a specific recipe? It is it done with flaky dough squares. How do you make pinwheels.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 4:22 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Oh. Fancy shmancy. Do you have a specific recipe? It is it done with flaky dough squares. How do you make pinwheels.

Use small flakey dough squares. Super super easy.
Place a cherry with some filling in the center. Make a cut on each corner of the square around the cherry filling, going toward the center. Bring every other tip (one from each corner) to the center to form a pinwheel, and secure all together with a toothpick. Bake. Remove toothpick. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or drizzle with a glaze.
You can do this with apple pie filling just make sure the filling pieces are cut smaller.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 4:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Use small flakey dough squares. Super super easy.
Place a cherry with some filling in the center. Make a cut on each corner of the square around the cherry filling, going toward the center. Bring every other tip (one from each corner) to the center to form a pinwheel, and secure all together with a toothpick. Bake. Remove toothpick. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or drizzle with a glaze.
You can do this with apple pie filling just make sure the filling pieces are cut smaller.

Love this idea and I may add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to add to the flavor. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 5:07 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Love this idea and I may add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to add to the flavor. Thanks.

That sounds awesome. 👌
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics