Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Guest bags

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:33 pm
What do people normally put in guest bags that are coming from out of town to a bar mitzvah. The guests are staying at other people's homes. Aside from water, I want to put in a food item in case they get hungry and need a snack, but I know I personally don't like people eating in my bedrooms.
Suggestions...

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 9:48 pm
Mazal tov!

Here's what I'd put in a gift bag - food that is not too crumby, like nuts, dried fruits, sucking candies. A schedule for the shabbos, a map of the area (with the eruv marked, if applicable), a local magazine or newspaper, a list of area attractions (including the mikvah and kosher restaurants).

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 2:14 am
Never got anything. FRankly I am an adult and I bring my food, don't need sucking candies (!) and do my research, though I appreciate being able to ask.

cm

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 2:58 am
Don't worry too much about the details. Those of us who do not like food in the bedrooms will simply let guests know to have their snacks in the kitchen, please, and most hosts make breakfast items and snacks easily available as well. The most important part of the hospitality bag is the schedule and map, especially if different parts of the simcha are being held at different locations.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 3:23 pm
thanks! I would have forgotten about a map-...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics