Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Food to bring on flight to Israel

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 11:13 pm
I'm going with my teens to Israel IyH, and won't be getting any food on the airline. What should I pack for meals and snacks? Am I allowed to bring any fruits or veggies? Thanx!

momX4

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:43 am
You can bring fruits and veggies in to the plane, but probably not off. If you are making a stopover make sure you get rid of all leftovers before you deplane.

I took along mini peanut butter and rolls. Pasta salad made with olive oil.

You should also know that each of you can take a frozen water bottle through security. Just remove it from the bag and show it to security. As long as it's frozen its fine. Use it in a small cooler to keep cold cuts fresh.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:24 am
You may not be allowed to have peanut butter on the plane if there is an allergic passenger. Happened to me.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:44 am
I always take sushi (random but it’s my plane food)
Pretzels
Cut up peppers. Fruit (get rid of it before u get into israel/ throw on plane).
Frozen cream cheese sandwiches.
If u have boys or hungry girls we usually pack schnitzel sandwiches for those with ketchup/mustard packets.

In my experience nothing spoils eventhough it’s out long. I just throw it out after the trip if it’s not eaten.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:50 am
I've taken a tin of takeout from a local fast food place (like a chicken lo mein with rice) that I picked up on my way out. Was lukewarm but quite good as dinner.

I also usually take Rugalach of some type (homemade but you can buy) as they are filling. Sandwiches also work. Fruit, cut-up veggies, etc....

I never had any problem. The only thing they took away was my drinks (closed soda cans.)

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:58 am
If you are flying dinner time than meat sandwiches either bought or homemade - can be cold cuts or cutlets etc. are easy to eat on the go.
Cut up fruit or fruit that needs no cutting is also good.
Some snacks cookies and sweets for those in between moments.
For breakfast you can take sandwiches or yogurts with straws for cleaner eating.
Try not to bring anything with too strong of a smell which can annoy fellow passengers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics