Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
ISO ppl on keto and successful
Previous  1  2

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 9:03 pm
marina wrote:
great post Andrea!

Thank you!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 3:22 pm
BUMP

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 4:39 pm
amother wrote:
About 6 months ago I started keto.
In the beginning I was not as strict as I am now. It’s a learning curve.
The first month I lost 18lbs.
Since then, almost 5 months, I’ve lost 4 lbs.
The first month I lost 2 dress sizes.
But since then I’ve stalled
I’m feeling really good, full of energy,etc.
I also do intermittent fasting.
I guess I’ve plateued.
I need to lose another 40lbs to get to the top limit of a normal BMI.

Please only answer if you are on keto.
Don’t want to hear how unhealthy it is for me.

Stay the course. Have you ever had a way of eatin before where you felt so good?!?? If you keep doing it, you’ll succeed. If you go back to baseline, you’ll go back to baseline. I doubt you gained the weight over night but how amazing to feel great and be healthy ON THE ROAD to your goal!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 5:26 pm
OP, my friend on Keto stopped eating nuts for a while until she started losing again.
Another one cut out all dairy.
Sometimes you need to change it up a bit.

I'm not currently on Keto but I'm a member of a Keto ladies whatsapp group that's really great. Andrea is on it too, so maybe she can get you added.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
OP, my friend on Keto stopped eating nuts for a while until she started losing again.
Another one cut out all dairy.
Sometimes you need to change it up a bit.

I'm not currently on Keto but I'm a member of a Keto ladies whatsapp group that's really great. Andrea is on it too, so maybe she can get you added.

I actually left that group because I felt like I was a bad match there. I don’t eat sweetener and processed food. A lot of the recipes were just totally inappropriate for me. I do know an admin though if you want me to connect you.

I agree thAt everyone has to try the things that work best for them. The must beautiful thing about this way of life for me is that I can actually make those choices properly and from a place of control and peace.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 2:50 pm
I do feel great on it.
I have more energy
My joints don’t hurt as much.
I feel and look younger.
And
I’m definitely satisfied with my meals.
If I feel like being “naughty” I just whip up a keto treat.
It doesn’t feel like a diet, and I can definitely do this for life.
Just wondering maybe there’s something I wasn’t doing right?

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
I do feel great on it.
I have more energy
My joints don’t hurt as much.
I feel and look younger.
And
I’m definitely satisfied with my meals.
If I feel like being “naughty” I just whip up a keto treat.
It doesn’t feel like a diet, and I can definitely do this for life.
Just wondering maybe there’s something I wasn’t doing right?

I think we damage our bodies and it takes time to heal them! Try cutting out treats and eating mostly unprocessed food. See if that helps. Honestly, I’m on a massive plateau but I don’t even care because healthy and happy and great blood tests!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:00 pm
Hi, I'm a little familiar with keto & am just researching, looking around trying to find what feels right for me to try.

Is there such a thing as doing a keto diet, but on Shabbos having a minimum of Matzah/challah? Does that throw things off neccessarilly, or is it one of those it really depends on the person & what kind of works for them? Thnx!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
Hi, I'm a little familiar with keto & am just researching, looking around trying to find what feels right for me to try.

Is there such a thing as doing a keto diet, but on Shabbos having a minimum of Matzah/challah? Does that throw things off neccessarilly, or is it one of those it really depends on the person & what kind of works for them? Thnx!

IMNSHO-
I think it depends on the person.
For me, it throws me out of ketosis.
My DH OTOH, can have 2 cups of wine, 4 kazaytot, and still on Sunday morning is in ketosis, 1.5 on the blood meter.
Also he can control himself more around food, which probably means he has less insulin resistance than me.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 11:08 am
amother wrote:

My son eats a kezayit. Usually of matzah because he doesn’t really like it. It seems not to affect him adversely. I, on the other hand got a heter even not to eat matzah on pesach, because I don’t ever cheat. I don’t eat grain of any description, starchy vegetables or sugar/sweeteners even low cal because I cannot afford not only to have the protection that ketosis affords me, but also to be fighting insulin reactions. I’m very sensitive to carbs. Very. And I’m pretty sure if I lost control, I might not get it back. So I don’t mess around.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 9:27 pm
Thank you for your responses!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise