Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum on the bottom

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 4:55 pm
My DD has molluscum in her behind, it itches her terribly. Is there a way to treat it or relieve the itch?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 5:55 pm
Take a tiny piece of cotton (you can take off from q-tip) and dip into apple cider vinegar. Place it on the molloscum and cover with bandage overnight. Within 2-3 nights of doing so, it will turn black and fall off. tried n proven.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 6:06 pm
I would not put apple cider vinegar in such a sensitive place, it will burn her. (The pimples are in her crack...)

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 6:50 pm
Have her take a bath with epsom salt

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 6:59 pm
You can ask your dermatologist to remove it. Ours will, but many won't.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:02 pm
A dermatologist can attempt to treat it if you want to try... my pediatrician mentioned it’s best to leave alone because when treated it’s more likely to return.

As for it being itchy - aquaphor really helped my kids and it’s safe for that area cuz can be used for diaper rash too. It doesn’t treat but may help soothe.

srbmom

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:13 pm
Try washing her there in the bath for a few nights with a bar of tea tree oil soap (I buy it from trader Joe's)

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 7:16 pm
I used this for my kids with success.

Apply as often as you can - I did twice a day. Allow it to dry before covering her.

ZymaDerm for Molluscum, Natural, Fast, Gentle, Painless – FDA Registered, Made in USA, 1.6 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....WJKBN

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 8:23 pm
Thanx for the ideas. I'm not looking to treat it, I'm just looking for something to take away the itch.

4everhappy

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:02 pm
Put her in a bath with apple cider vinegar. Dont put too much so it wont burn. This really helps. Tried and proven!

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:18 pm
It doesn’t sound like molluscum to me... molluscum doesn’t usually itch... it can, but often doesn’t.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:20 pm
Its molluscum, its not the first time my kids have it. It itches because it's in such a sensitive area that is often sweaty. My other DC had on her entire leg and whenever she was sweating it was itchy.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:24 pm
Dr. Weiss, Flatbush, can treat it safely and effectively. From what I understand, it can spread easily so it's best if it's taken care of ASAP.

4everhappy

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:
It doesn’t sound like molluscum to me... molluscum doesn’t usually itch... it can, but often doesn’t.

Sure it can itch.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:26 pm
Maybe gold bond medicated powder for the itch?
I think it gets itchy (and infected) before they dry up.
I bought tea tree oil soap from Walmart and my kids used it when they bathed.
I have no idea if it worked or it would have gone away by that time but since it cleared up for 2 children after bathing with tea tree oil soap, I would recommend using it. As a matter of fact it smells so good that we all use it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics