Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Please suggest insurance coverage

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:59 pm
Hi, ladies.
It seems that we'll be losing the Essential Plan coverage we have now. What plans not on the marketplace are you happy with or heard people are happy with?
Need coverage for emergencies and check ups. Dental/vision plan suggestions are welcome too.
What are my options?
Also, anyone has an opinion on health shares?
Will appreciate any and all help! Thanks in advance.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 8:22 pm
Hi, I would really appreciate help! Anyone? Sad Sad

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 8:24 pm
What does on the marketplace or not on the marketplace mean?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 8:44 pm
If you want a plan on the marketplace I would suggest you check with your regular doctors first to see which carrier they accept and are in network.
If you're under 30 and do not anticipate any major medical expenses then you might want to consider a catastrophic plan on the marketplace. It's a very high deductible but premiums are low. Im assuming your kids will be staying on Child health plus and are just shopping for the adults?
Regarding dental, you would need to purchase a separate dental plan because none of the marketplace plans include dental. My personal opinion is that dental insurance is not worth spending on since they don't cover too much anyway and it's just cheaper to pay for an annual visit and some basic dental work.
We ourselves couldn't afford the skyrocketing premiums and outrageous deductibles so we joined liberty health share a year ago. So far was a pretty smooth ride aside for some minor hiccups where they processed my claims with some errors. They are reprocessing it but it's taking longer than I would like. The entire system is quite slow but I'm living with it because I can't go back to paying 1700.00 a month for a family plan with a 5000.00 deductible.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:20 pm
If you are losing what seems to be a Medicaid plan because your income has risen slightly, you are probably eligible for some form of premium subsidy. A subsidy can only be obtained if you buy an insurance plan through one of the government run sites - name depends on what state you are in. You need to act fairly quickly as you have a limited period of time after your circumstances change in order to get health insurance.

Your best move is to contact a knowledgable broker who can advise you on the best plan for your individual circumstances. Again, the premium you pay after the subsidy could be surprisingly low.

Catastrophic coverage is only available if you are under 30 or qualify for an economic hardship exemption. You can't get the subsidy so again, it might make more sense to get through the marketplace if you qualify for a premium subsidy.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 9:49 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries