Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Going away--easy Shabbos

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:02 am
We're going away next Shabbos but bringing our own food. I will have cooking facilities where I'm staying but not much time. There are also takeout options but I'm trying to keep costs down. I'm looking for quick, simple menu ideas that I can either prepare in advance and bring along fully cooked, or can be popped in the oven Friday.

We are 10 people. So far I have a kugel in the freezer. I'm going to bake fish loaves and chicken on Friday. Vegetable salad. Any other ideas?

mom!

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:07 am
Apple kugel
luckshen kugel-both can be eaten room temperature and made in advance and frozen.
Shnitzel is a great easy take a long option
Deli

ila

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:09 am
Do you freeze the shnitxel ready to eat? Baked?

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 9:16 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 11:19 am
Challah
Fish
Salads made in advance in containers - quinoa, broccoli, coleslaw, corn, marinated, linguini. (This way don’t need supplies and can reserve at meals)
Chicken with rice and vegetables in one pan.
Potato kugel
Cake

Lunch
Chopped liver
Salads as above
Deli
Cholent with kugel and Khishka (put together before leaving and put on flame when arrive)

Extras like pumpkin or carrot muffins or apple cobbler or lukshen kugel are nice because they can also be used for shalosh suedos cold with the salads.

If you don’t have an oven I’ve put chicken and rice with veggies in a crockpot and stuck a kugel on top. Used a Shabbos clock to turn off after the meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen