Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
OT salary in Lakewood

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 10 2019, 12:46 pm
If you work in the Lkwd area as an OT with 10+ years experience , how much do you earn and what’s your practice area ?

Looking to move from NY and I hear there’s a huge difference ..

Thanks

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 5:31 pm
Anyone ? Would really appreciate some info , thx

Cookiegirl

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 5:38 pm
I have a relative who is an OT in Lakewood, albeit with fewer years of experience than you. She works for several agencies in both early intervention and home care for the elderly and disabled, after working in an assisted living facility for a few years. She makes between $75 and $95 per hour depending on which service and whether she is W-2 or 1099. NY payscale is much higher...

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 6:14 pm
Thanks for the reply !! I honestly thought it was much worse . If anyone else has input , would appreciate it !

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 6:50 pm
It's very difficult to find a job!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 6:53 pm
Thanks. What abt in adult outpatient centers ? I know pediatrics is hard .

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:07 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
I have a relative who is an OT in Lakewood, albeit with fewer years of experience than you. She works for several agencies in both early intervention and home care for the elderly and disabled, after working in an assisted living facility for a few years. She makes between $75 and $95 per hour depending on which service and whether she is W-2 or 1099. NY payscale is much higher...

That’s high!

amother
Red

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:09 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:

New York doesn't even pay $95 an hour. Something doesn't add up. Unless you are doubling the half hour rate for EI. Like if she is getting paid 47.5 for a half hour session. In my experience, once you include notes and travel time, that never adds up to double for the hour.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:19 pm
Amother babyblue, if 75-95 is high (and yeah, I thought is sounded high !!) , what’s your estimate on average ?

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:22 pm
I'm a therapist in early intervention. I don't think any agency is paying $95/hr. Expect much closer to $75 per hour session. BTW, nj sessions include note writing.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:29 pm
Thanks for the reply ! Anyone not in early intervention?

Cookiegirl

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 8:21 pm
Just to clarify- she gets $95 for initial evals in home care, and the rest of the services are between $75-$85 per hour. And yes, there is a lot of documentation that needs to be done after the visits, so the actual hourly rate is lower...

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 9:58 pm
My DH owns a home care agency that services 5 states including NY and NJ. The standard going rate is $65/hour.

ces

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:21 pm
In sub acute rehab/ ltc facilities it's definitely way lower than that. Probably around $45/hr +benefits for full time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics