Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Recuperating from surgery for undescended testicles

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 7:51 pm
Dr office doesn't want to give me info. (I think they don't know) They say dr will give after surgery. But my (8 yo) sons surgery is on Friday iyh and if needed, I have to plan before.
Will he have any dietary restrictions afterwards? I'm assuming he'll be in bed whole shabbos, but anything else I should know to prepare before shabbos?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:44 pm
I know it's different but my baby brother had surgery for an undesended testicle and was totally himself afterwards. I don't think he had any eating restrictions but he was much younger so it can be different.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 6:33 am
Tysm! Im figuring he'll be able to eat anything, I just have to know by tonight because I have no idea if ill get back home on time tomorrow to run to a store to buy things if he is restricted in his eating. So if anyone has had experience with an older boy having the surgery, please lmk.

animeme

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 6:57 am
I know nothing about this specifically. But in terms of eating, I would plan for general post- surgery eating, particularly with general anesthesia. You need easy to digest food and things he would eat and drink when feeling nauseous and in pain. Also, make sure you have ice packs and heat options for Shabbos, and general halachic guidelines for dealing with post-op on Shabbos.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:22 pm
My child had this surgery as a toddler, the min he woke up from surgery, he got up in his crib, wanted to tear all attachments out & jump out of crib

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:28 pm
One of my boys had this as well, and he was perfectly fine by the time we got home.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 5:45 pm
Tysm!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:30 pm
Ty everyone who has responded. We got home friday afternoon, and my son was in pain shabbos and sunday (painkillers alleviated a lot of the pain) and when he didnt take painkillers, he was in pain through wednesday but bh hes much better

Quick question though. He has dissolvable stitches with steri-strips on top that should be falling off any day. However, I see blue thread hanging out a bit. Im scared the wound isnt going to heal properly. Ill call the dr tomorrow, but is it something to worry about? Im assuming the blue thread is part of the dissolvable stitches. It looks like when a button would get really loose so the thread would be hanging out like that, like you give a tug and whole thing would unravel.

Tysm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics