Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Easy, Budget Friendly, Beautiful Mishloach Manot Ideas?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:25 am
Title says it all.
Not big into the creative, should be budget friendly, ie. cheap. Is this doable? A cute theme?
Any ideas would really be appreciated!

We are in Israel, so please have Israeli brands in mind.

Thank you so much!!!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:38 am
A soup or salad with a muffin, roll or cookies on top inside a cellophane bag tied with a ribbon that coordinates with whatever your theme is or isn’t.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:54 am
I want to do a shabbos theme possibly. Did any one do this? How did you package it?

Thinking small grape juice
Challah rolls
Dips
Maybe kugel

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 12:11 pm
3 small pots stacked...3 colored hummus. And a small pack of flatbread or challah roll.or breadsticks on top.

levlongnprosper

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
Title says it all.
Not big into the creative, should be budget friendly, ie. cheap. Is this doable? A cute theme?
Any ideas would really be appreciated!

When I was on a shoestring budget in seminary, I made mishloach manot balloons. With more planning and just a little more $$ they could have been both whimsical and elegant, but mine were just whimsical back then. To do an adult version, Id get:

- nice balloons, probably in a semi-transparent pearly color/finish like you might see at a wedding (in sem I got regular dollar store birthday style balloons in bright opaque colors)

- confetti, or use a hole punch to make confetti

- large flake glitter and/or those little craft store gems

- fancy toothpicks

- small candy bars or other bar shaped things like in-shell nuts (walnuts)

- funnel

- ribbon

- optional helium tank (small)

Stretch the mouth of the balloon with your fingers to squeeze in food and use the funnel to add in confetti, glitter, and gems. Inflate balloon regularly using helium or your breath. Tie a ribbon around the end and tie the toothpick with a tag that says "pop me" to the other end of the ribbon. If you're using the standard balloon and gift ribbon that curls, use scissors to curl the end nicely. Otherwise cut the ends of the ribbon attractively.

If you have kids, they are great helpers for putting things in balloons!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 1:12 pm
levlongnprosper wrote:
When I was on a shoestring budget in seminary, I made mishloach manot balloons. With more planning and just a little more $$ they could have been both whimsical and elegant, but mine were just whimsical back then. To do an adult version, Id get:

- nice balloons, probably in a semi-transparent pearly color/finish like you might see at a wedding (in sem I got regular dollar store birthday style balloons in bright opaque colors)

- confetti, or use a hole punch to make confetti

- large flake glitter and/or those little craft store gems

- fancy toothpicks

- small candy bars or other bar shaped things like in-shell nuts (walnuts)

- funnel

- ribbon

- optional helium tank (small)

Stretch the mouth of the balloon with your fingers to squeeze in food and use the funnel to add in confetti, glitter, and gems. Inflate balloon regularly using helium or your breath. Tie a ribbon around the end and tie the toothpick with a tag that says "pop me" to the other end of the ribbon. If you're using the standard balloon and gift ribbon that curls, use scissors to curl the end nicely. Otherwise cut the ends of the ribbon attractively.

If you have kids, they are great helpers for putting things in balloons!

NO GLITTER. Please. Surprised Otherwise great idea LOL

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 12:41 pm
Most of mm I receive is couple of pieces of homemade goodies like cookies/mini muffins
With a sm grape juice or mini liquor. Some throw in a little candy or choco. All done in a cheap cardboard box or shrink wrapped on a fancy plastic or fancy paper plate...

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 12:51 pm
I put in a large sparkling grape juice and bar of chocolate (wrap in pretty paper), you can add a little bag of candies in gold wrapper put into mini mesh bags hanging down from the grape juice bottle. Place it in big clear bag, wrap with pretty ribbons, or large fitted mesh bag. Looks pretty, is simple to prepare and inexpensive.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:57 pm
small bag of popcorn, small bag of mezonot snack(like bissli), can of coke: wrapped in a white paperbag decorated with photo-film (like they used to use before digital cameras)
print out a movie screen with curtains and type yout wishes into the screen, stick that on the paperbag makes creat movie themed mm (very cheap but creative)

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:59 pm
can of beer and a bag of bamba 'beer -osem' as in shoshanta yaakov zahalat ve samecha birosam yachad tchelet mordechai

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:00 pm
an orange, a small box of orange juice, orange candy on an orange plate with oprange ribbon = orange jews

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:02 pm
small bottle of water, a lemon, some fresh nana, a nice cup and straw (from the dollar store) 'if life gives you lemons..." (make sure to give clear instructions for lemonade.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:03 pm
small bottle of grapejuice (dressed as chusn) small challahroll (dressed as challa) candy bracelet and candy ring = chussn and challa

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:08 pm
soupculture_ pumpkin soup with pumpkin seeds and croutons in a pumpkind sahaped mug (after halloween we get them here very cheap on sale , maybe you get a chance to stock up? )

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:10 pm
healthy? 2 fruits (grapes and apple for example), a small box of dried fruit (or raisins), a small jar of peanut butter, a small container of orangejuice, some ricecakes or some other healthy snack - in a beautiful basked with a sign 'la -briut'

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
soupculture_ pumpkin soup with pumpkin seeds and croutons in a pumpkind sahaped mug (after halloween we get them here very cheap on sale , maybe you get a chance to stock up? )

Can you post a link for pumpkin mugs?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 8:11 am
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ta.....38781

these are expencive, I live in europe we buy them after halloween in 1 euro shops cheap. maybe dollartree sells them in the us in the fall season???

I found these on alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/produc......html

https://www.amazon.com/Campfir.....n+mug

sky

Post Fri, Feb 08 2019, 10:54 am
Yogurts and granola. Pretty cellophane bag and ribbon.
Baby carrots, flatbread and hummus
Chickpeas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics