Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
My unvarnished LinkedIn opinion
Previous  1  2

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:38 am
butterfly2 wrote:
Yesss!! I get so annoyed by all these people that are thrilled that they have a platform to brag about how good and nice and kind they are. And how they are the best bosses. And all they are busy posting is that LinkedIn is the best. And you should post. And it works. And you should believe them or else. And if it doesn’t work, then that’s the point. You’re really just there to help others in the field. And if you don’t want to do that, you’re selfish. And please share all your horrible client stories and how humbly you reacted. And how your clients just don’t get it. And just brag a bit more about yourself so you can get more followers and be an influencer. And promote LinkedIn meetups so you can learn how to make your profile look good. So you should be able to talk how good LinkedIn is. Even if you are on it for a year already without results. And post every day. Even if you have nothing what to post about. Just make yourself sound like a genius. Even if all you write is that LinkedIn is great. And live in an imaginary world that because you have many likes on some humble-bragging post that its helping your business. And be highly active and engage in posts. It’s totally not considered time wasting cuz it’s not really social media. And when you realize you are on it too much create posts about how you will limit your time on it and use it wisely. I’d love to see all these peoples bank accounts and see how LinkedIn has really helped them. (Besides for those that make $$ by giving LinkedIn courses)
I am on it for years already before it became this holier than thou forum and I used to love it when it was mostly interesting marketing and business posts but now it’s all about people convincing themselves that they are what they are not. And finishing a post with some hashtag about how they are the best.
#Rantisover.

Why are you on linkedin if it's driving you nuts?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:45 am
I wasn't using it yet it kept sending me invitations so I told it to stop and it did.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 10:53 am
I recently started being active on LI and so far it's quite a pleasant experience.

It's true there's a lot of "bragging" but that's what's necessary to build your business, and reach people. I don't look at it as a negative thing. People share their accomplishments so others can learn what it is they do and why they should be interested in their specific product/brand/services.

Besides, it's the way you phrase your accomplishments that matters a lot. No one likes to hear how you are the "most amazing person to have lived on this planet." There definitely are such people. But for the most part it's not.

ILOVELIFE, I LOVE your posts. You do incredible, amazing, heartwarming work.

One major thing that I appreciate on Linked is how everyone is SUPER NICE. People are willing to speak to strangers and offer advice. The culture is one of friendship and helpfulness.

Anyhow.. if you see me less on Ima you'll know where to find me Laugh
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics