Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Don't Forget To Say Parshas HaMon Today

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:22 am
The Perisha in Orach Chaim cites the Yerushalmi that it is a good practice to
recite Parshas HaMon daily. The reason for this segula for parnossa (livelihood) is
emuna. The Yismach Yisrael of Alexander explains: a person may fool himself into
thinking that when he works hard and earns a living, it is kochi ve’otzem yodi osa li es
hachayil hazeh (Devorim 8:17) – my hard work and my toil is what built this up and it is
my own two hands that created this livelihood and success. This is the illusion. For when
a person lacks emuna and is arrogant enough to think he himself is the source of his
own financial success, then he is clogging up his own spiritual plumbing. The pipelines
of blessing and shefa (abundance) get clogged from such thoughts. However, daily
repetition of Parshas HaMon ingrains in us the truth that it is all really from Hashem and
He is the true source of blessing and parnossa.

This is also one of the reasons for the minhag to feed the birds on Shabbos Shira.
The Yismach Yisrael notes the objections of the Mogen Avrohom who rules against this
practice, saying that since the birds do not rely on us for their food we should not feed
them (OC 324). However, says the Alexander Rebbe, that itself is the very lesson of the
Mon. We are like the birds – we do not rely on human hands to feed us, as domesticated
animals and beasts of burden do. If we rely on the feeding of human hands, then we too
are like those domesticated animals and beasts of burden – no better! Rather, we feed
the birds because it reminds us that we are like them, relying on Hashem alone to feed
and nourish us!

The Rimanover Rebbe advised to say it today , twice with the Targum...

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:30 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
The Perisha in Orach Chaim cites the Yerushalmi that it is a good practice to
recite Parshas HaMon daily. The reason for this segula for parnossa (livelihood) is
emuna.
The Yismach Yisrael of Alexander explains: a person may fool himself into
thinking that when he works hard and earns a living, it is kochi ve’otzem yodi osa li es
hachayil hazeh (Devorim 8:17) – my hard work and my toil is what built this up and it is
my own two hands that created this livelihood and success. This is the illusion. For when
a person lacks emuna and is arrogant enough to think he himself is the source of his
own financial success, then he is clogging up his own spiritual plumbing. The pipelines
of blessing and shefa (abundance) get clogged from such thoughts. However, daily
repetition of Parshas HaMon ingrains in us the truth that it is all really from Hashem and
He is the true source of blessing and parnossa.

This is also one of the reasons for the minhag to feed the birds on Shabbos Shira.
The Yismach Yisrael notes the objections of the Mogen Avrohom who rules against this
practice, saying that since the birds do not rely on us for their food we should not feed
them (OC 324). However, says the Alexander Rebbe, that itself is the very lesson of the
Mon. We are like the birds – we do not rely on human hands to feed us, as domesticated
animals and beasts of burden do. If we rely on the feeding of human hands, then we too
are like those domesticated animals and beasts of burden – no better! Rather, we feed
the birds because it reminds us that we are like them, relying on Hashem alone to feed
and nourish us!

The Rimanover Rebbe advised to say it today , twice with the Targum...

I just think the bolded is really important.
We have to have this in mind, today and every day. The next time you say Bareich Aleinu.
For starters.

And thanks for the reminder!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics