Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need Advice!! New business in Boro Park - please share!
1  2  3  Next

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 6:23 pm
Looking to open a business/store/service in Boro Park. Looking for the right niche, something that their would be a demand for.
I'd love to hear everyone's opinions. Boro Park women, what's something that Boro Park could use? Women from all over, what do you have in your city/community that Boro Park could benefit from such a business, too??

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:08 pm
Sorry no ideas as I have the same question but different location.

I will be following.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:34 pm
Def. Open a play place for kids, similar idea kids n action.

proudmomma

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:47 pm
Ok, I'm completely serious here. For as long as I can recall, my friends and I have longed for a clean bathroom service on 13th ave. I really think it has potential!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:50 pm
I'm not from boro park but I think I speak for everyone when I say we need more frum pediatricians!!! So if u want to go to med school ....

momsrus

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not from boro park but I think I speak for everyone when I say we need more frum pediatricians!!! So if u want to go to med school ....

Bp has a decent amount

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:

This doesn't help OP, but how I wish we had a second allergist option in BP. There must not be enough of a demand.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:53 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Ok, I'm completely serious here. For as long as I can recall, my friends and I have longed for a clean bathroom service on 13th ave. I really think it has potential!

I must say, I really like this one!!
Would you pay to use a bathroom or feeding room though??

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:54 pm
A parking garage

simba

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:14 pm
Retail in BP is extremely challenging.

Many people will use your store as a showroom for online ordering. They will come and feel/try on/measure and then order it online.

If they have any decency to buy it locally they will bargain until you match online pricing. It’s hard to compete
The customer base is by and large very entitled. They want to be able to take it home, try it in their kids. See how it feels for a week. Return it at whim (“see, next time I’ll order on Amazon, they take everything back”)

People want very high end products and service but are not willing to pay for it.

I think it is over saturated and I wouldn’t invest there. There are so many stores closing. So many empty retail spaces on the Ave. They just can’t survive.

Sorry to be a kill joy. I just see this so often. A store opens and 6 months later there is a liquidation sale. Store is closing.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:16 pm
simba wrote:
Retail in BP is extremely challenging.

Many people will use your store as a showroom for online ordering. They will come and feel/try on/measure and then order it online.

If they have any decency to buy it locally they will bargain until you match online pricing. It’s hard to compete
The customer base is by and large very entitled. They want to be able to take it home, try it in their kids. See how it feels for a week. Return it at whim (“see, next time I’ll order on Amazon, they take everything back”)

People want very high end products and service but are not willing to pay for it.

I think it is over saturated and I wouldn’t invest there. There are so many stores closing. So many empty retail spaces on the Ave. They just can’t survive.

Sorry to be a kill joy. I just see this so often. A store opens and 6 months later there is a liquidation sale. Store is closing.

Could be something smaller scale in basement also... And yeah, wouldn't go into clothing line for that reason, but would want something that people are waiting for and in need of.

proudmomma

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:17 pm
I would definitely pay to use a clean& safe bathroom.
It can be a membership or pay as you go. Survey 100 BP women & I bet at least 90 of them would be willing to pay for the convenience(& relief)l

rgr

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:23 pm
proudmomma wrote:

Add free wifi and some coffee and your golden

ETA I forgot you can't have wifi available in bp.

Maybe a filtered computer place?

simba

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
Could be something smaller scale in basement also... And yeah, wouldn't go into clothing line for that reason, but would want something that people are waiting for and in need of.

Ladies shoes is lacking but I wouldn’t advise it. You cannot keep enough of a variety and stock to please the crowds.

Otherwise, if you have and affection towards the kitchen I would offer a lunch service to the many workers in the area. They are tons of restaurants and cafes but not necessarily great food. A lunch service can be done from home if you have a hechsher. Send out a menu the night before. Doesn’t need to have tons of variety. Taker orders until 10am. Deliver by 1pm. Packaging the food somehow is always a challenge. Lunch is $7 with a soup is $10 and keep it basic. Fish sandwich, and fries or falafel, salad with scoop of tuna or eggs etc..

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:26 pm
I WOULD SUGGEST A SERVICE AS OPPOSED TO ANY RETAIL ITEM. LEARN A TRADE, OFFER A SERVICE THAT DOESNT START WITH A MASSIVE OVERHEAD. HIGH RENT KILLS YOU...

gande

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:29 pm
Lol about the bathrooms. I keep thinking about it every time I go out!

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:38 pm
Only bp? What about other areas?
Wmsbg doesn't have a neuschloss robe store yet.
We don't have a kids in action yet.
Wmsbg doesnt have a hobby place...to do pottery....paintings....plaster
What about a trampoline park?
There's no Childrens place, old navy, gap, h&m , zara in wmsbg & most of these not in bp either.
Wmsbg doesn't have an organizing store yet...like container store or the ones in bp.
What about a craft store/ miniatures for sukka?
What about for teachers in wmsbg is only mechels!
There aren't too many ladies wear & ladies shoes in wmsbg
In wmsbg there aren't any ladies coat stores

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:40 pm
There's no real walk in Jewish library in wmsbg.
There's no Bingo in wmsbg

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:42 pm
What about a walk in cleaning help agency?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
I WOULD SUGGEST A SERVICE AS OPPOSED TO ANY RETAIL ITEM. LEARN A TRADE, OFFER A SERVICE THAT DOESNT START WITH A MASSIVE OVERHEAD. HIGH RENT KILLS YOU...

True!! Keep the ideas coming... Need more ideas.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics