Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Keto diet

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 6:17 pm
Can anyone tell me the rules of the keto diet and what you do on Shabbos?
I would love to hear your experience and tips.
Thanks

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:05 pm
me too!

tobee

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:24 pm
I'm a newbie a few wks in. The diet is a high (healthy) fat one(think olive oil, heavy cream, butter, avocados, nuts) medium protien(nice amount but don't overdo it-meat, chicken,eggs hard cheeses)and crazy low carbs u must stay under 20g. Also, veggies are important especially the green ones. No carb veg. No fruits at all. It's not easy but that's the only way u get into ketosis where ur body burns fat for fuel and not sugar( or carbs) for energy. So no sugar or carbs.u can use stevia as sweetener,or xylitol( xylitol-be careful cuz 1tsp is 4g carbs!) Shabbos I eat a tiny pc of challah and use pure bites(similar to rice cake)(low carb) from grocery to finish my kzais. Some ppl have a heter to skip the challah. Rabbi Google is ur best friend if ur not sure which veggies are ok on the diet etc...good luck!!

creditcards

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:31 pm
tobee wrote:
I'm a newbie a few wks in. The diet is a high (healthy) fat one(think olive oil, heavy cream, butter, avocados, nuts) medium protien(nice amount but don't overdo it-meat, chicken,eggs hard cheeses)and crazy low carbs u must stay under 20g. Also, veggies are important especially the green ones. No carb veg. No fruits at all. It's not easy but that's the only way u get into ketosis where ur body burns fat for fuel and not sugar( or carbs) for energy. So no sugar or carbs.u can use stevia as sweetener,or xylitol( xylitol-be careful cuz 1tsp is 4g carbs!) Shabbos I eat a tiny pc of challah and use pure bites(similar to rice cake)(low carb) from grocery to finish my kzais. Some ppl have a heter to skip the challah. Rabbi Google is ur best friend if ur not sure which veggies are ok on the diet etc...good luck!!

Is pure bites ok to finish a kzais? Is it Hamotzie?

tobee

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 7:34 pm
It's mezonos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise