Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Birthright Israel trips for Yeshiva boys? Looking for info

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 11:28 pm
Hi everyone, my son is finishing high school this year, he will be 18 when he finishes school. He told me that some of his friends are thinking of going on birthright to Israel for 10 days. Im looking for inforamtion about this but am finding the website confusing.

Did anybody here have their son go on a frum birthright group> The group my son is hearing about is for all frum young men. I would like to find out for him what kind of boys go on the trip, from what kind of schools (just to gauge his comfort level with the other participants, he is kind of shy and quiet and doesnt make friends easily so it would definitely be better if the other guys on the trip are 'his type')

Also, do they get time to learn at all?

What free time do they have to visit family etc?

What happens if he ends up staying there to learn in yeshiva next year>? Does he get back the $250 deposit if he doesnt take th flight back with the group? Or can he use that free flight to come home for Pesach?

Thanks in advance.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 12:55 am
amother wrote:
Hi everyone, my son is finishing high school this year, he will be 18 when he finishes school. He told me that some of his friends are thinking of going on birthright to Israel for 10 days. Im looking for inforamtion about this but am finding the website confusing.

Did anybody here have their son go on a frum birthright group> The group my son is hearing about is for all frum young men. I would like to find out for him what kind of boys go on the trip, from what kind of schools (just to gauge his comfort level with the other participants, he is kind of shy and quiet and doesnt make friends easily so it would definitely be better if the other guys on the trip are 'his type')

What happens if he ends up staying there to learn in yeshiva next year>? Does he get back the $250 deposit if he doesnt take th flight back with the group? Or can he use that free flight to come home for Pesach?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.birthrightisrael.c.....=frum

Can I extend my stay in Israel?
Yes, you can extend your stay in Israel for a fee determined by the airline you are flying with. You must, however, travel to Israel with your group—you cannot travel prior and meet up with the group in Israel. You may request an extension once your Trip Organizer has confirmed your acceptance to a Birthright Israel trip and assigned you a flight. You may have to be very flexible with your dates. Certain terms and conditions apply; please contact your Trip Organizer to inquire about specific details regarding extensions.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 1:02 am
Without even looking it up, I'm pretty sure he cannot choose to reschedule his return flight during Pessach peak season and expect Taglit Birthright to foot the bill...

The extensions are only for 4-5 days, IIRC.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:36 pm
There are different birthright groups that go. Some of the frum ones are mixed boys and girls. Some are all boys or all girls.You can contact them and find out which type of group fits your son.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 8:36 pm
There are different birthright groups that go. Some of the frum ones are mixed boys and girls. Some are all boys or all girls.You can contact them and find out which type of group fits your son.

sub

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:08 pm
They go everywhere as a group. No free time to visit. Family can visit them.

peacenine

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 12:33 pm
DrMom wrote:
Without even looking it up, I'm pretty sure he cannot choose to reschedule his return flight during Pessach peak season and expect Taglit Birthright to foot the bill...

The extensions are only for 4-5 days, IIRC.

I beleive you extend a few months for a fee. I don't remember how much but not expensive. They are happy to have their participant extend their stay.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean can he stay use Birthright to travel to Israel to yeshiva, and then save the return ticket to use to come home to the US for Pesach?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics