Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby wakes up 45 minutes after going to sleep for the night

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:27 pm
I got my baby on a schedule. He goes to sleep at 8:30 every night. But he always wakes up 45 minutes later and then has a hard time falling back asleep. He then sleeps for a long stretch. This is going on for months. He’s 7 months old now. What could this mean? How do I get him to sleep straight?

LovetoLive

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:32 pm
You just brought back such memories of when my baby did the exact same thing!! I can’t remember what it was or how I changed it but you’re not alone.
Actually I’m kind of remembering going in right before he woke up to rock him a little and disturb his sleep cycle just enough that he stirs a little and goes back to sleep.
I can’t remember if it worked though.

chicco

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:39 pm
I put my baby down for a nap 2 hours before bed for this reason. It is usually short, but then when I put him down for the night he stays asleep.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:41 pm
chicco wrote:
I put my baby down for a nap 2 hours before bed for this reason. It is usually short, but then when I put him down for the night he stays asleep.
But why? He was so tired when he went to sleep and still got up. And when he goes 2 hours after a nap he also wakes up. The only time he sleeps straight is when he goes to sleep much later but at his age he should be going to sleep earlier.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
But why? He was so tired when he went to sleep and still got up. And when he goes 2 hours after a nap he also wakes up. The only time he sleeps straight is when he goes to sleep much later but at his age he should be going to sleep earlier.

I find that babies sleep better wen they're not so tired. I let my babies go to sleep at the first signs of tiredness. I never try to schedule them or make them wait to go to sleep.

trixx

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 2:53 am
If baby is waking like clockwork at the wrong times you need to change the habit. Wake to sleep. At the 30 minute mark, wake baby enough that sleep is disturbed like roll over or flutter eyes. Quickly put back to bed
Do a few nights in a row til over

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:08 am
look into the gentle sleep training method

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:33 am
My baby does this.
Every night.
I guess at that hour she only needs a short nap .

As long as she gives you a night stretch I wouldn’t worry.

silbergirl

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 9:58 am
My daughter does that when she is going through a growth spurt or teething. I hold her, sing to her, cuddle her and feed her a nightcap feeding. That gets her back to sleep usually.

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:12 am
Bedtime is too late. Babies at that age need to go to sleep sometime sometime between 6 and 7:30. Try moving it up a little every day

clowny

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:34 am
My baby does this too but she wakes up after 2 hours and sometimes takes her another 2 hours to fall back asleep.
What she does the rest of the night- I’ll leave for another thread Very Happy

tothepoint

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:55 am
There are so many factors that can affect baby's sleep! Over-tiredness, nursing to sleep, pacifiers..just to mention a few

I'm a personal fan of Chaya Shifra Sadoff, she's a certified sleep consultant with tremendous knowledge on sleep. Just by reading her free guide and blogs I've made amazing progress with my baby b"h.

You can download her free guide here
https://kinderwink.com/free-guide/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics