Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby at risk in childcare?
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 5:44 am
amother wrote:
You should also be concerned about strep, colds, staph infections, pneumonia and all other million contagious diseases that there are no vaccines for.
What the h. Go daven to .your creator.

That's just the thing, I AM concerned, just like any sensible mother. Pneumonia for example is one of the relatively common complications of measles and I don't wish that for my child.

And don't worry, I daven too but it doesn't mean I'm willing to only rely on that when there are safe, effective vaccines too. Just like I wouldn't drive without a carseat for a baby and seatbelt for me. I'm not willing to compromise on my child's health, that's all, and again I'm sure you moms here understand that.

And no need to be mean if this was meant that way, I am very used to anti-vax bullying by now (not sure why it has to come with such awful middot too so often, that really confuses me).

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 6:57 am
I'm so sorry. What a difficult decision. Can you talk to your dr and see if it safe to vaccinate your baby yet under these circumstances?

If you do choose to not send your child to the daycare, make sure to tell them your reason.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:05 am
Thank you all so much for your responses. They've been very helpful. As you might have guessed, this is my first baby so I've learned a lot about daycare (eg didn't even realise they had to be/could be licenced and am guessing some may not be?). Need to do my research on that now I suppose! But also reassuring to hear kids have done well in non-Jewish places and that there is that choice.

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Thank you all so much for your responses. They've been very helpful. As you might have guessed, this is my first baby so I've learned a lot about daycare (eg didn't even realise they had to be/could be licenced and am guessing some may not be?). Need to do my research on that now I suppose! But also reassuring to hear kids have done well in non-Jewish places and that there is that choice.

Daycares legally need to be licensed. If they are not they are illegal and can get shutdown if someone tells on them or if ch'v something really bad happens. I don't know NJ law, but in NY I think legally you are not allowed to watch more than two kids without a license.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:17 am
amother wrote:
... with many women in my community if you mention anything about vaccinations anti-vaxxers will aggressively attack you ...

My advice is: Illegitimi non carborundum
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics