Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Driving from NJ to Columbus-Chicago-Cleveland?

kedusha

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 5:56 pm
We are driving to Chicago from NJ, stopping in Columbus on the way there and Cleveland on the way back...looking for any recommended places to stop (with kids) along the way as well as kosher food/minyanim etc (if there is any?!)??any tips/advice would be so appreciated!!!!
(it's winter so preferably indoor pit stops if possible)
Thank you!!!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 12:48 pm
Depending on your route, Pittsburgh is a nice midway stop that has kosher restaurants, minyan, and a really cool science museum. You'll also be near Falling Water, which is beautiful to see (check that it's open in the winter). Near Columbus, we did some great short hikes in a place called Hocking Hills State Park, though that was in the summer. Just south of Cleveland is the Football Hall of Fame, which is great if you have kids who are sports fans.

kedusha

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 8:28 am
Thanks so much!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 10:39 am
hocking hills is nice in the winter as well if you dress warm ... kinnerret on taylor for pizza ... a bunch of new restaurants opened on cedar near green - chinese I've heard was good ... always love the car museum [check if the carousel is open]

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 9:18 pm
My husband and I have done the drive a number of times. We drive from NY to Cleveland and stay over for one night and then spend the day in Cleveland. Usually in the late afternoon we pack up and drive the rest of the way. We've so far stayed in the Aloft Beachwood and the Hyatt Place Lyndhurst/Legacy Village. The Aloft is a member of the SPG/Marriot hotels and we were able to stay for free with points. We were able to stay at the Hyatt for free with points as well. Both hotels are near the Beachwood Kollel, where my husband davened while we were there. The Beachwood Kollel has a website with its minyan schedule, which is super helpful. We ate out at Issy's Place, a pizza shop, which was pretty good. We got breakfast at the Bagel Shoppe, which is breakfast, bakery and bagel place where you can order to go with an eat-in option. However, we discovered that they are not yoshon. We visited the Cleveland Aquarium and to be honest, we were rather underwhelmed. Growing up, I visited the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago countless times and the Cleveland one just does not measure up. I hope this advise is helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics