Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stopping to use booster seat
Previous  1  2  3

gingleale

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 10:26 pm
We keep the kids in boosters till they are older than 8 AND the seat belt fits them properly. With my oldest he was close to 11, my second was closer to 10. My next kid is 7.5 and she will be in a booster for a while.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 8:12 am
gingleale wrote:
We keep the kids in boosters till they are older than 8 AND the seat belt fits them properly. With my oldest he was close to 11, my second was closer to 10. My next kid is 7.5 and she will be in a booster for a while.

Impressive! Do your kids ever complain? My oldest -8, is one of only ones in her class & she’s average size. Obviously I tell her safety first, but she’s be mortified to use it until 10 or 11!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:41 am
My 5 year old is still in a 5 point harness. I am keeping him in it until he outgrows the seat and I switch to a backed booster.
Backed boosters are much safer than the non backed ones for younger kids.
Car seats are not to be played with. We need them for a reason. There are websites devoted to helping parents fit 3 in a row. When we buy our next car this will be taken into consideration.
Yes, he complained once but we sat and had a discussion about safety and that it protects kids better and he wants to get to places safely etc. do not let your kids make this decision that could permanently CV hurt them. Or worse...
"Not in correct car seat/booster? The car won't move."

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 10:20 am
BKIND wrote:
Impressive! Do your kids ever complain? My oldest -8, is one of only ones in her class & she’s average size. Obviously I tell her safety first, but she’s be mortified to use it until 10 or 11!

My 9.5 year old sits on a bubble bum, and my 11.5 year old was in a booster or bubble bum until just a few months ago. I never got flack from them, because this is the way it’s always been. Just like I don’t get flack from them for making them wear clothes out of the house, cuz that’s just the way it is. If it’s what your kids know, they don’t usually give parents a problem.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 3:33 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
My 9.5 year old sits on a bubble bum, and my 11.5 year old was in a booster or bubble bum until just a few months ago. I never got flack from them, because this is the way it’s always been. Just like I don’t get flack from them for making them wear clothes out of the house, cuz that’s just the way it is. If it’s what your kids know, they don’t usually give parents a problem.

My kids often are in other peoples cars, and are very aware that kids much younger then them don’t use anything. Obviously not a reason -but does make it harder for them.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Mrsdash, how many accidents have you been in?
A seat belt strapped properly is a very good restraint.

Not for a 5 year old. I was in a pretty bad accident this year. Bh my toddlers car seat and the regular seat belt for my 100 pound 9 year old worked. But I don’t think the regular seatbelt would have worked for a 5 year old. This was one block away from my house. It’s very frightening to think about what could have happened if I didn’t follow the law...

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 18 2019, 4:25 pm
BKIND wrote:
My kids often are in other peoples cars, and are very aware that kids much younger then them don’t use anything. Obviously not a reason -but does make it harder for them.

My kids have spoken up in other peoples cars, but it’s also one of the reasons why I have carpools.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 9:01 pm
my dd speaks up in other people' cars but yes my dh or I are usually who drive her. thankfully her school is close so carpool isn't really necessary.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics