Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Major Snowstorm hitting us
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:00 am
Is anyone else worried about the snowstorm hitting us tonight? I can’t sleep I’m so nervous and I don’t know why. I’ve been through many storms but I feel like this one is really bad. Unless I’ve been reading too much news. Can't Believe It

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:25 am
I am really nervous as well, cuz I am overdue already. I made my husband read the chapter in What to Expect on how to deliver in case of emergency.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:27 am
It’s only rain in NYC so that’s a relief

Bliss

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:42 am
Depends where you live. In most places in New York, including upstate, it'll turn into rain after a bit of snow. But the temperature will drop very low tomorrow resulting in a lot of ice.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 5:55 am
Due to the shut down, the snow has been cancelled. LOL LOL

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:27 am
amother wrote:
I am really nervous as well, cuz I am overdue already. I made my husband read the chapter in What to Expect on how to deliver in case of emergency.

Pm me for a better description. I was really not impressed with that one. I do homebirths, so I have to be prepared anyway.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:32 am
b'shaah tovah

I think the news does sensationalize it and overhype it (terrible to do so- for ratings!)
I do stay away from it and get my news from weather forecast on line, no hype

hopefully just a day or so of staying in when possible

and then it will be clear IY"H

teachkids

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:34 am
amother wrote:

Ask your Dr if they want you in the hospital before the snow hits just in case

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:30 am
We woke up to a fresh 8 inches on the previously ice and snow covered ground. It's still coming down heavily. It is -18C, -32C with the windchill. Yes, that is 25 below Fahrenheit. School buses are running, but for the first time ever, the annual winter festival has been postponed.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:34 am
We had a simcha last night and I was really nervous about the snow. Bh it is way less than they kept saying. I just don't know about when it turns to ice later .....

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:48 am
amother wrote:
We woke up to a fresh 8 inches on the previously ice and snow covered ground. It's still coming down heavily. It is -18C, -32C with the windchill. Yes, that is 25 below Fahrenheit. School buses are running, but for the first time ever, the annual winter festival has been postponed.

Where are you?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
Where are you?

Montreal.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
Where are you?

My guess is Montreal. Thats where I am and thats our weather as of now Sad

Edit: posted at the same time:) stay warm!!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:05 am
If you’re worried about going into labor and not being able to get to the hospital, you can wait in the hospital.

I was born in Montreal and there was a snowstorm forecasted. The doctor requested my mother come in before the storm started, which she did. I was born during the storm and my parents would not have made it to the hospital.

dankbar

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:37 am
NYC only rain so far

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:10 pm
there's a big world out there ... rain under freezing temperatures turn into black ice & can be quite dangerous because it's hard to notice ... snow can be bad in places that are not used to it - especially after a mild winter

everybody please drive with extra caution & alertness פוקח עורים

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 5:16 pm
I live in PA and we were supposed to be hit very hard. We were in NY for shabbos and I was worried about the drive home. But the roads were clear BH and we made it home in record time.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 5:54 pm
Montreal is setting a record of the coldest snow storm in 100 years.
Typically when it snows the temperature is mild and when it’s freezing it doesn’t snow.
It’s the first time we have been hit with a double whammy of super cold temperatures and a major snowstorm at the same time.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
Montreal is setting a record of the coldest snow storm in 100 years.
Typically when it snows the temperature is mild and when it’s freezing it doesn’t snow.
It’s the first time we have been hit with a double whammy of super cold temperatures and a major snowstorm at the same time.

Yep. I went out to run some errands. People are out and about, bundled up even more than usual. I met several people on skis making their way down Parc Avenue Smile.

Amalia

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:06 pm
Is it safe (in this weather) for kids to go to school tomorrow, Monday, in NJ?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics