Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Entrepreneur Getting Certified Kosher
Previous  1  2  3  4

Would you buy homemade food from social media account based on word of mouth without asking if/who gives hechsher?
Yes  
 14%  [ 28 ]
No  
 85%  [ 159 ]
Total Votes : 187

rowo

Post Sat, Jan 19 2019, 8:22 am
Back to the original question, I think most people start out small, selling to people they know, so it's not strangers buying from random people they saw online.

Once their business grows they look at expanding and going under hashgacha to help their business keep growing.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:43 am
There definitely needs to be a third option of "I would buy food from the kitchen of a friend, but not from a stranger."

If I know them, and I've eaten at their house, then I would buy from them.

One of the Imas here has a mom that makes the BEST challah in the world. I have no idea how she does it, I've tried the recipe many times but it never compares. I have been begging her for years to sell me loaves, but she's just happy making for her own family.

Forrealx

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 3:53 am
I voted ''yes'' but under circumstances.
I live in most remote galus with a 100 frum people yeah and if they will offer me food or something then I will eat it because I can't do otherwise then trust them..

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:18 am
amother wrote:
Strict halacha says that social media is okay, however, only for private accounts?

Or even forbids social media but allows this site.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:23 pm
OP here. Thank you all for your lively comments and suggestions. This wasn't started as a halachic debate, but as a personal preference. I know that there are plenty of ppl out there who do buy from young women trying to help with the parnasa whether they know them personally, know a family member or a family member knows them, etc. So IMO, either this survey is off or social media is off. Though as someone pointed out above there should be a third option of buying from someone you kind-of know. And yes, social media definitely inflates the good of everything. But would these young ladies stay in business if ppl aren't buying??
Thanks to your suggestions, I did reach out to the Queens kitchen and will BE"H keep you posted bn.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics