Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Resources to strengthen my emunah and bitachon

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:04 am
Lately I am struggling with depression and resentment that my life is not going the way I wanted it to. I resent dh and am attempting to work on my marriage. However, I need spiritual nourishment to help me come to terms that dh is just the messenger for what Hashem has in mind for me. This is my tafkid in life, the life I am meant to have and dh is not taking anything away from me.
I hope I verbalized it well.
I would love links, articles, books, and online or phone shiurim, etc. to give me chizzuk.

skee

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:11 am
amother wrote:
Lately I am struggling with depression and resentment that my life is not going the way I wanted it to. I resent dh and am attempting to work on my marriage. However, I need spiritual nourishment to help me come to terms that dh is just the messenger for what Hashem has in mind for me. This is the life I am meant to have and dh is not taking anything away from me.
I hope I verbalized it well, but I would love links, articles, books, and online or phone shiurim, etc.

Hugs!!
Try the Living Emunah books by Rabbi David Ashear. He also puts out daily recordings called Daily Emunah. You can Google it for websites that have archives and links to subscribe to get it every day via email. They have really helped me and others I know.

judithc

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:19 am
yes! sign up for emunah daily. Sometimes it feels like they were written especially for me

Spaghetti7

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 1:52 am
There's a wonderful little sefer called sefer mitvos habitachon (faith and trust is the English name) by R' Shemuel Houminer. It's broken down into manageable bite size paragraphs and I found that learning it every day a little bit with a friend really changed my life. We do it over the phone and it takes 5-10 minutes a day. Look into it?

Its Friday

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 3:41 am
I agree.Living emuna is great!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:48 am
I found rabbi taubers book on
What is a jew, Emunah and bitachon in his pirkai machshava series to be invaluable.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:11 am
skee wrote:
Hugs!!
Try the Living Emunah books by Rabbi David Ashear. He also puts out daily recordings called Daily Emunah. You can Google it for websites that have archives and links to subscribe to get it every day via email. They have really helped me and others I know.

Can you post a link where I can sign up?
Also, please share more resources!
Thanks for all that responded so far!

meme6

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:20 am
Its Friday wrote:
I agree.Living emuna is great!

I thought he said them just for me!

These are great since they are 5 minutes and seriously always a booster.
Breslov books are also great I’ve heard

This is the link click on inspiration daily
https://visitor.r20.constantco.....kE%3D

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:30 am
Take care of your gashmiyus meanwhile - sleep well, eat well, exercise, get some humor into your day, maybe try to pamper yourself in some small ways.
When your physical plant is strong, you will be more receptive to the ruchniyus messages. Not that you have to wait till you're strong, or tell yourself that you're too tired to be mekabel those messages, but it will help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics