Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you know who might help with Baltimore City Jury Issue?

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 9:58 am
I live in Israel but have retained my Baltimore City resident status so I can vote. This is ironic because in over 20 years my vote has never counted once in Baltimore City. Now that I live abroad there is very little chance my vote will ever count.

Because I am a "resident" of Baltimore City, I am often called for jury duty. I was able to get in touch with them once by phone and they said they cannot help other than to postpone my summons. Now I am being called again. The website has no way to contact them. I have been on the phone trying to get through to them but it seems they have it rigged so that it is now impossible to reach a human being no matter which option you select.

I guess I will have to revoke my resident status which by now I am more than ready to do, however, I cannot even figure out how to do that since they say you need to send in your new MVA driver's license and fill out the paper form attached to your summons. I don't have either of these things since the paper form is in America and the person who did me a favor to let me know I got it, sent a picture.

Do you know anyone who works in Baltimore City who might have an idea for me as to how to get help with my issue? There is a $1,000 fine for "ignoring" your summons. Obviously, this means that anything less than showing up for jury duty if your number is called is ignoring your summons. There are medical excuse forms, disability excuse forms, senior citizen excuse forms. Considering how many Baltimore expats live in Israel, not to mention any other non-Israel overseas people, it is hard to understand why they have no option for this.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:57 pm
Return summons to sender and say no longer resides at that address.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:11 pm
Wow that is a cool idea! I'll try it! Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics