Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Florida trip with 6 kids?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:15 pm
I am just wondering, do any of the people that are going to Florida for midwinter have six or more kids?
I find it very difficult to even imagine taking my family on a plane and to a theme park and I am wondering how many people actually do this with a large family?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:20 pm
I don’t know anyone going with 6 kids though I am sure there are people with big families going as well. I am going with my kids and my husband and bringing my babysitter along as an extra set of hands. My friend is going with 4 kids and Bringing her mother as an extra set of hands as well and she is not sure how she will manage. It’s not easy to travel with kids! I am not going for vacation. My kids are young and would be happy staying home and going on day trips. I am bringing them to visit family.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:24 pm
I dont care what others do, I do what's good for me. I think 100 times before traveling with 2 kids, let alone with 6. You dont have to travel to florida just because everyone else does.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:26 pm
We drive down to FL with more than 6 kids. I can't imagine paying for everyone's plane tickets. Even when we drive down its definitely more of a "trip" than a "vacation". A trip that we all enjoy even though I can't relax! It's really a lot of fun and we all look forward to the trip all year.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 5:03 pm
We've done it with six. The plane tickets aren't cheap- we buy as much in advance as possible, but I prioritize flight times that work for our schedule and that can cost extra. For example, I make sure we can check in to where we are staying and there is time for grocery shopping and getting or making a quick dinner.

We stay in rental homes vs hotels, so there is more space, a full kitchen, and our own pool, which can save a lot on activities. We don't go out to eat. We cook, or dh gets takeout for us to eat around our own table. And we don't necessarily do what other people do. We do the Everglades, and Kennedy Space Center, and rent boats- a pontoon or large speed boat can fit your whole family.

And sometimes we split up, either within a park or to do two separate things. I can take the interested kids to Magic Kingdom or Legoland, and DH can take the others to Epcot or kayaking. Or dh takes the kids who want to go out and I stay home with those who would rather hang in the pool or on the couch.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
We've done it with six. The plane tickets aren't cheap- we buy as much in advance as possible, but I prioritize flight times that work for our schedule and that can cost extra. For example, I make sure we can check in to where we are staying and there is time for grocery shopping and getting or making a quick dinner.

We stay in rental homes vs hotels, so there is more space, a full kitchen, and our own pool, which can save a lot on activities. We don't go out to eat. We cook, or dh gets takeout for us to eat around our own table. And we don't necessarily do what other people do. We do the Everglades, and Kennedy Space Center, and rent boats- a pontoon or large speed boat can fit your whole family.

And sometimes we split up, either within a park or to do two separate things. I can take the interested kids to Magic Kingdom or Legoland, and DH can take the others to Epcot or kayaking. Or dh takes the kids who want to go out and I stay home with those who would rather hang in the pool or on the couch.

I have three kids but this is how we did it growing up till today. The whole family goes together and we rent a house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics