Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Hate my job, overwhelmed

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 6:34 pm
I’ve been working at my job for 2 years and I’ve enjoyed it.
Recently the work load has increased and I’m overwhelmed.
I’m coming home drained and exhausted every day.
I have explained to the manager that the increase workload isn’t manageable for me, she doesn’t know how to handle the situation, the boss isn’t interested in paying for an extra person to help out, and so she basically has left me to deal with all this extra work.

I’m at a loss.

I feel I’m not handling my home life well,work is using all my mental and emotional resources, it all feels too much.

mom!

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:20 pm
I would email the boss directly asking for a meeting. If they cant come up with a viable solution, it may be time to move on...

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 7:53 pm
Unfortunately the boss hasn’t no interest in meeting with me. I’m one of 200 and he said this it is the managers job to deal with it.

I would like to leave the job tomorrow, but can’t obviously, so I survive day by day.

I gave verbal notice, which is the usual in my setting, but she said she can’t accept it, things will get better, I will learn to handle more...
I’m so confused.

1ofbillions

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
Unfortunately the boss hasn’t no interest in meeting with me. I’m one of 200 and he said this it is the managers job to deal with it.

I would like to leave the job tomorrow, but can’t obviously, so I survive day by day.

I gave verbal notice, which is the usual in my setting, but she said she can’t accept it, things will get better, I will learn to handle more...
I’m so confused.

That’s not a thing. She can’t refuse to accept your resignation.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 8:01 pm
As there's no place else to appeal, it sounds like time to look for another job. It's easier to find a new position when you're already working. Wishing you hatzlacha!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 4:14 pm
Hi, I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply and help me see straight.
I’ve handed in my resignation and accepted a job for after the summer. Looking forward to a better future.

It’s difficult to know what normal work struggles are and when to draw the line.
So thank you all for helping me out!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply and help me see straight.
I’ve handed in my resignation and accepted a job for after the summer. Looking forward to a better future.

It’s difficult to know what normal work struggles are and when to draw the line.
So thank you all for helping me out!

Congratulations! I recently did that, and my quality of life has improved. I found another job, and I am so much happier! May you be happier as well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics