Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Which wood floor cleaner do you use?
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:13 am
Fabulous wrote:
Bona. Just type it into amazon and the big bottles come up

Those are all refill bottles to be used as ready-made solution for their spritzer mops that ramom posted. I don’t see a bona soap I can pour into a pail of water.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:35 am
I have a water-based finish on my floors, and add a few drops of dishwashing soap to water.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Those are all refill bottles to be used as ready-made solution for their spritzer mops that ramom posted. I don’t see a bona soap I can pour into a pail of water.

It's not meant to be used with water. You're supposed to sweep, dust and once fully clear, clean and polish it with a bit of Bona spritz.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:18 am
Bona doesn't sell anything that is meant to be diluted. The refills are meant to be used to refill the small spritz bottles.

Given the cost of hardwood floors, the cost of a few spritzes when cleaning the floors is well worth it.

You don't clean wood floors with a bucket the way you clean a tile floor. You clean wood floors by being scrupulous about vacuuming and sweeping because the small grit and dust wears down the finish. You then spritz a small amount on the microfiber after you have vacuumed - you don't spray the floors or dip a mop into a bucket of floor cleaner.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:21 pm
Amarante wrote:
Bona doesn't sell anything that is meant to be diluted. The refills are meant to be used to refill the small spritz bottles.

Given the cost of hardwood floors, the cost of a few spritzes when cleaning the floors is well worth it.

You don't clean wood floors with a bucket the way you clean a tile floor. You clean wood floors by being scrupulous about vacuuming and sweeping because the small grit and dust wears down the finish. You then spritz a small amount on the microfiber after you have vacuumed - you don't spray the floors or dip a mop into a bucket of floor cleaner.

Thank you, I wasn’t aware you were supposed to clean wood floor with just a few spritzes. I use my microfiber sponge mop dipped into a pail with the bona refill, squeezed out well so it shouldn’t be too wet on the wood, but the refill uses up so fast that way. I’ll try the spritzing method now, thanks.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, I wasn’t aware you were supposed to clean wood floor with just a few spritzes. I use my microfiber sponge mop dipped into a pail with the bona refill, squeezed out well so it shouldn’t be too wet on the wood, but the refill uses up so fast that way. I’ll try the spritzing method now, thanks.

I think you also should use the mop with microfiber instead of a sponge since a sponge would absorb the Bona and you really just need to use a small amount to give a nice gloss after you have swept and vacuumed or if there is a spot with some real schmootz that needs to be cleaned.

But using it in a bucket would become very expensive and also would be using too much product on the floor.

The mop I got with my cleaning package is more like an old dust mop than a sponge mop. Think of it as dusting your floors with a spritz on the dust mop to just help along the cleaning process and maybe loosen any spots. I sometimes see a few spots where something might have dropped or a bit of a footprint.

flapsmom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:57 pm
I've been spritzing directly onto the floor and then wiping with a microfiber cloth. I'm going to try spritzing onto the cloth instead. Thanks Amarante!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry