Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How many calories in regular iced coffee?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:29 am
Hi,

I love iced coffee, but wondering how bad it is for my diet.

Here in Israel, none of the stores tell how you the nutritional content in these kind of items.

How many calories are there in average in a cup of iced coffee?

(I always buy in Cofizz if that helps anyone!)

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:47 am
need more info:

What size cup? how many oz or mL?
sugar or substitute?
skim milk or regular?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:56 am
Black iced coffee is close to nothing in calories

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
need more info:

What size cup? how many oz or mL?
sugar or substitute?
skim milk or regular?

300 ml (Filled up my empty cup with water and weighed it lol).
With sugar (the diet ones I've tried here are awful)
Not sure about milk, but I guess regular

Thanks for your help.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:57 am
pesek zman wrote:
Black iced coffee is close to nothing in calories

In Israel "ice-cafe" is the slushy coffee drink with highfat dairy and sugar.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:23 am
The non diet ones are a lot of calories. The diet ones are about 150 for thenreally small one. Aroma has calories for theirs (keeping in mind that theirs is probably less caloric and sugary than coffiz) depending on ur diet ; are u limiting sugar or calories etc. if just calories count it as 250 cals maybe for a small twice a week it shouldn’t kill the diet. If everything else aligns.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:23 am
A lot of calories, if as amother khaki says because it's equivalent to a Frappuccino or the like. You might as well get an ice cream soda or other high calorie dessert because essentially that's the nutritional equivalent. What makes them even more lethal is because they are drunk rather than chewed, people don't register them as calories in the same way they would the equivalent number of calories as a solid food or even an ice cream :-).

I drink ice coffee - or more accurately iced latte but I have it made with skim/nonfat milk and so I also count it as getting a dairy type of nutrition. I have trained my taste buds so that I don't care for it sweetened as I like the taste of the coffee and the milk plain. I have had it made a few times with the sugar free vanilla syrup.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:35 am
Yes, amother khaki is right, that's what I'm referring to. Like this:

It's not the same for me as ice cream or the like though because it really does give me energy more than other unhealthy foods.

If it's very high calorie though then I guess I should try cutting down. Around how many calories does it sound like?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
The non diet ones are a lot of calories. The diet ones are about 150 for thenreally small one. Aroma has calories for theirs (keeping in mind that theirs is probably less caloric and sugary than coffiz) depending on ur diet ; are u limiting sugar or calories etc. if just calories count it as 250 cals maybe for a small twice a week it shouldn’t kill the diet. If everything else aligns.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

I checked on Aroma website, and it's 319 cal for the 380 ml one. Help!

https://en.aroma.co.il/Items/20/Ice-Aroma/

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:47 am
I’m pretty sure it’s the daily iced coffees that send many a seminary girl rolling home.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 11:51 am
Do you have your own blender? I make something like this https://www.shakentogetherlife......html but I freeze the milk too so you dont need ice that waters it down. Its very satisfying and less caloric.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 12:47 pm
You will get some stares but you can ask them for coffee over ice for a low cal option

devash1

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:23 pm
Cofix sells a regular coffee over milk and ice. if I am out and want to treat I get that without any sugar so it is just the calories that are in the milk.I'm not sure if all the coffee places in Israel sell it but I would think that you could order it at other places.
Editing to add that it's called cafe kar.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 1:50 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The problem is that I'm not even such a coffee fan, I've just gotten hooked on iced coffee lately Sad

And I don't think the Coffizz near me has these options, they do have a diet one, but I tried it once and I really didn't like it.

devash1

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 2:30 pm
If you really enjoy it I would say you should still have it but maybe not every day and consider it a treat!

rd

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:16 pm
Amother Orchid, I totally understand, I'm hooked myself!!! not a coffee drinker but this is something else, and the low cost makes it so affordable!!!
personally, "Quicks" - קוויקס - is my favorite, and the one on Straus better than Geula...
(I dont know if your in J-lem)
So, I see it as a treat that I "earn" while shopping hard for my family, (socks. pencils. shells, headbands. shampoo and that's be4 starting Purim shopping...)
once or twice a week I allow myself.
Oh did I mention that I hadn't manage to lose any weight? Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise