Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Delete
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:30 pm
Here is what helps me:

Keep all my work related stuff in a bin so I can just grab and go in the morning

Make lunches night before

Make menu and shop list weekly

Write a shopping list as you run out of items or notice you are low

Keep a calendar, to do list

Stay on top of emails

Prioritize tasks

DVOM

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:27 pm
I was very influenced when I first got married by Sarah Johnston's book The Yummy Mummy Manifesto. The book is about a whole host of things, but I loved her chapter on organization, which turned out to be more about winnowing out all the extra stuff that accumulates in our homes. She talks about being a curator in your own home and being very choosy about what you allow in the collection of things you choose to keep and call your own. I keep my home organized by being very selective about what I allow in. I'm constantly giving things away, throwing things out.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:20 pm
smileforamile wrote:
And another one: how do you fold/organize tights? I feel like they're always one big blob in my drawer.

In an open container, fold stocking in half then I roll it up. Nice neat and gives more space. (I do the same with Panties, in container, roll it up)

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:29 pm
mom! wrote:
I prepare supper the night before or in the morning. This way I can easily pop into the oven when I get home.

When I order my chicken order, I divide it right away according to dinner size.
I prepare mixtures and bread the cutlets, I do the different kinds of preparation right when I bring it home, and then freeze it in pans- ready to be cooked/baked/grilled/fried...
In the morning you take it out from freezer, and before dinner time, just finish cooking and done in 10-15 minutes.
It's worth investing in a Betty-crocker and Goerge Foreman grill, for quick dinner.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics