Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO vacation for 2.. Florida?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 10:29 am
Looking for a vacation for me and dh.. hope you Imas can help me out here.

I'd love to go away for 3-5 days but my budget isn't large. I am able to spend about 2-2.5K including airfare.
I would love to rent a villa in North Miami for a few days with a pool but those are really expensive plus I've heard that some can be really dirty and unkempt after all that money your paying. Maybe I should go the hotel route?
I'm located in New York.
I'm not necessarily limited to Florida suggestions. It could be somewhere else but it needs to be somewhere scenic and a place where there are things to do.
What are some suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 2:50 pm
Bump.. any suggestions?

alwayscooking

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 3:57 pm
Why wouldn't u consider Florida its the easiest and nicest and shouldnt have hard time staying in budget.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:00 pm
alwayscooking wrote:
Why wouldn't u consider Florida its the easiest and nicest and shouldnt have hard time staying in budget.

I would do Florida but open to other ideas.. I'm trying to figure out where to stay.
The villas in North Miami are very expensive and I heard that they aren't necessarily that clean. Anyone can share villa experience?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:05 pm
To me the main reason to go to Florida is the beach which husband would not do so I would look into LA or Arizona.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:07 pm
If you end up renting a place with a pool you'll have to get lucky with the weather. Sometimes it's pool weather in Florida in the winter, sometimes not. Only do it if you aren't relying on the pool for your main source of entertainment.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:10 pm
mha3484 wrote:
To me the main reason to go to Florida is the beach which husband would not do so I would look into LA or Arizona.

Beach is not much of a big deal for me. If we go to the beach it would be somewhere quiet. Question is if tickets are in the same range to Miami then to LA..?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
If you end up renting a place with a pool you'll have to get lucky with the weather. Sometimes it's pool weather in Florida in the winter, sometimes not. Only do it if you aren't relying on the pool for your main source of entertainment.

Good point, thanks.

hannabanana

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:13 pm
Flamingo villas has a gorgeous villa that I could have gotten for 500 per nite cuz was off season. We payed less 350 range with Florida kosher villas. I regretted it but both times we stayed w/ fkv was clean and fresh. You can look at their websites and see what they have to offer

UQT

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 8:35 pm
Frontier.com has some outrageously priced tickets ($79) for flying out of Trenton to Orlando. Private houses with a pool are very decently priced. There is kosher food there as well.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 11:49 pm
If you go to Airbnb and after your selections chose superhost only you get people that are proven to be very good homes (not kosher tho)

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:34 am
In North Miami Beach, there are cheaper sleeping iptions than the villas. You can find what are called Efficiencys. Basically one room studios that are attached to pples homes that they rent out. Rent is between $150-250 per night. Some come with use of a pool. (Though it's currently freezing in Miami so not pool weather).

In Orlando you can do well with air BNB. But the pools might not be private or tznius enough and not a kosher eating facility.

Tickets to CA are generally higher than tickets to FL.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 3:22 pm
hannabanana wrote:
Flamingo villas has a gorgeous villa that I could have gotten for 500 per nite cuz was off season. We payed less 350 range with Florida kosher villas. I regretted it but both times we stayed w/ fkv was clean and fresh. You can look at their websites and see what they have to offer

Can you explain why?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics