Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Trip/overnight that can be done with a kid with broken toe

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:51 pm
I am looking for something to do over mid Winter vacation (this weekend) either motzai shabbos into Sunday or just Sunday that I can do with a child who just broke part of their foot and can't walk now. Originally I was gonna go to a hotel, go swimming, and go seomming the next day but obviously it won't work now. Let em know if u have an idea for me. Within an hour of Monsey. Smile

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 8:30 pm
The child can't walk at all, or just can't do any outdoor-type activities? Can he/she navigate an indoor activity with crutches or some other way? If not, I'm not sure what the point of going now would be. Also, what are the ages of the kid(s) going on this trip?

teachkids

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:32 pm
If it's not casted, just a boot, kid might be able to swim, ask a dr.
In terms of not walking ideas: escape room, ceramics, arcade.

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:35 pm
Watching any show, should be fine.

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 21 2019, 9:36 pm
Could you put child into stroller or wheelchair then you can wheel him around any museum

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 4:35 am
Child is six. She can't walk at all. She will get a boot on Thursday but still won't be able to walk. It is soft Casted for now. I can put her in a stroller but don't want to go somewhere that she will feel like she can't do anything. She is also getting a scooter to get around with. My other kids are 7 and 2.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 6:45 am
That's pretty rough. If you don't want her to feel left out and are willing to push her around in a stroller, I'd go for the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan, which is mostly walking around and looking at things, so she won't feel left out, and she can also watch an IMAX there just like everyone else.

You could also go to Liberty Science Center, which also has an IMAX, though some parts of it are more interactive, and I don't know what she may miss out on. There's also the Bronx Zoo if the weather's not too cold, though there's a lot of walking involved, and pushing a 6-year-old for that long could get tiring. Refuah shleimah!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 6:50 am
You can stay in Philly and go to adventure aquarium.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 6:52 am
Thanks for the ideas. I will look into them. Any other ideas are welcome
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics