Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Mediterranean Diet- Help me stay accountable!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Yocheved_G

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 12:09 pm
Check out the app MyFitnessPal for tracking calories, water & activity. It even has a bar code scanner so you can input your ingredients & it’s incredibly easy (& fun).

rachel0615

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:50 pm
B- Apple with almond butter

L- brown rice with green beans, mushrooms, onion s and half an avocado- yum yum!!

D- twice baked goat cheese sweet potatoes and salad with avocado dressing.

S- whole wheat zuchini muffin

Feeling so good!!!!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 10:55 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
B- Apple with almond butter

L- brown rice with green beans, mushrooms, onion s and half an avocado- yum yum!!

D- twice baked goat cheese sweet potatoes and salad with avocado dressing.

S- whole wheat zuchini muffin

Feeling so good!!!!!

Can you post the recipe for brown rice with green beans, mushrooms, onions?

Also can you use sauces on this diet like soy sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup etc?

rachel0615

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
Can you post the recipe for brown rice with green beans, mushrooms, onions?

Also can you use sauces on this diet like soy sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup etc?

Um recipe is super.easy. made basmati brown rice acc to package directions. Added chicken broth powder and 2 tbspn olive oil. Roasted peppers with Olive oil and some salt and sauteed green beans with mushrooms ajd onions. All in a little olive oil.

Re sauces- sugar is to be avoided and natural ingredients are encouraged.

rachel0615

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:25 am
Yesterday:

B- overnight oats with banana and almond butter- yum!

L- twice baked sweet potato

D- baked falafel, rice and israeli salad and tehina. yum!!!

Today:

Fruit and veggie smoothie

L- whole wheat bread with almond butter and banana on top

D- roasted chicken, rice or mashed potatoes, roasted peppers and salad

rachel0615

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:26 am
I only lost 5 ounces this week which is super frustrating for me because I have so much to loose so it should be coming off easier. But I am working really hard not to get frustrated about and keep focused on how good I feel.

Cheshire cat

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 6:32 pm
Can you try introducing/stepping up excercise routine? It may jump-start your metabolism.

Your discipline is impressive. And you eat such delicious meals!

rachel0615

Post Thu, Jan 17 2019, 9:14 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:
Can you try introducing/stepping up excercise routine? It may jump-start your metabolism.

Your discipline is impressive. And you eat such delicious meals!

Thank you! I love food and cooking!! I hate exercising but I should start!

Cheshire cat

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:29 pm
any updates? How are you doing?

I'm following, because I've also started the diet. Aside for the inspiration, your posts give me ideas for menu options!

rachel0615

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 5:22 pm
Sorry for being so MIA. Had family visiting and things were busy. Still here! I am so behind with my water drinking today- it was just one of those days.

Today my meal plan is:

B- overnight oats with almond butter and blueberries- so yummy and filling but takes up SO MANY calories!
L- brown rice and roasted veggies
D- was going to be shakshuka but I cant funtion right now enough to cook lol. so hubby is gonna pick up dinner and I will be having a chicken ceaser salad with sauteed onions and avocado which is SUPER exciting!
S- if I am needing something which is very probable, I am going to have a tablespoon of almond/peanutbutter with half a banana and chocolate chips. Really hits the spot.

So fun that you are joining in this! Feel free to post ur progress, menus, etc! Or pm me! Best of luck!!!!

rachel0615

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:15 pm
Hi! To anyone who is reading lol

B- coffee and whole wheat toast with 1/2 avocado mashed and 2 fried eggs. YUM!

L- brown rice with israeli salad and tehina drizzled on top

S- trail mix

D- turkey spinach burgers with roasted cauliflower and roasted sweet potatoes

S- almond butter with half a banana and some chocolate chips. Love!!

rachel0615

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 6:08 pm
B/L- 2 slices whole wheat bread with avocado and fried egg in EVOO YUM!!!

S- dark chocolate peanutbutter trail mix

D- balsalmic salmon with avocado salsa, brown rice and salad

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:18 pm
It is so odd that your weight loss is so slow. According to your food intake, you should be losing lbs, not oz!
Perhaps I will post my diet occasionally. So far though, I am nursing my kids through the flu, and, while I am eating only Mediterranean- approved meals, it's all over the place. Some days I munch right through, others, I don't have time to fix myself a single normal meal and subsist on yogurt and apples.

rachel0615

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 9:58 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:
It is so odd that your weight loss is so slow. According to your food intake, you should be losing lbs, not oz!
Perhaps I will post my diet occasionally. So far though, I am nursing my kids through the flu, and, while I am eating only Mediterranean- approved meals, it's all over the place. Some days I munch right through, others, I don't have time to fix myself a single normal meal and subsist on yogurt and apples.

Yes it is weird!!

This past week I lost a pound so that was exciting! Would love for you to post, even if it is all over the place!!

Today was a weird day. Yesterday I went totally off plan and really paid for it today. I was sick sick sick to my stomach. Interesting how my body has adjusted to this type of food so quickly. Feeling much better! I am going to be getting up at 5 each morning this week M-Th to excersize and do some meditation instead of trying to do it at night and then not always getting to it. Doing it as an experiment this week after reading an article about how getting up early is so important. We shall see.

B/L- coffee with creamer, 2 slices of toast, one with almond butter and sliced banana and one with avodcado. Yum!

S- peanut chocolate trail mix

D- brown rice, chicken thigh,roasted veggies and asian green beans

Lots of water to flush out yesterday's disaster!

rachel0615

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:31 pm
Yesterday was a bizzare day and I got super bloated and couldnt eat lunch. Anyone else experience that?

B- toast with almond butter and sliced banana and toast with avocado and coffee with milk and flavored creamer. 5 decedant teaspoons mmm

S- chocolate PB trailmix

D- Tilapia marsala with whole wheat pasta and roasted zuchini

Todays Plan:

B- Chocolate PB trailmix and coffee with milk and 5 delicious teaspoons of flavored creamer

S- half a banana

L- brown rice with roasted peppers, sweet potato and asian green beans mixed together. Delish!! I looove brown rice with roasted veggies lately

D- roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese panini. Super excited about it!

S- half a banana with 1.5 teaspoon almond butter, 1 tspn peanutbutter and some choc chips sprinkled on top.

Thanks for the likes. Reassured people are actually reading!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:39 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
Yesterday was a bizzare day and I got super bloated and couldnt eat lunch. Anyone else experience that?

B- toast with almond butter and sliced banana and toast with avocado and coffee with milk and flavored creamer. 5 decedant teaspoons mmm

S- chocolate PB trailmix

D- Tilapia marsala with whole wheat pasta and roasted zuchini

Todays Plan:

B- Chocolate PB trailmix and coffee with milk and 5 delicious teaspoons of flavored creamer

S- half a banana

L- brown rice with roasted peppers, sweet potato and asian green beans mixed together. Delish!! I looove brown rice with roasted veggies lately

D- roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese panini. Super excited about it!

S- half a banana with 1.5 teaspoon almond butter, 1 tspn peanutbutter and some choc chips sprinkled on top.

Thanks for the likes. Reassured people are actually reading!

Is there a book I can read up on the diet? I’ve been wanting to do this diet for a long time I just need to have clear instructions and read about it.

rachel0615

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:56 pm
I dont have a book but have links. Would that be helpful?

iammom

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 11:07 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
I dont have a book but have links. Would that be helpful?

Yes, thanks!!

rachel0615

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 6:20 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....61915

behappysk

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:57 am
I'm trying to follow this diet for health reasons too. What's the recipe for you balsamic salmon?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise