Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Laptop recommendation

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:57 pm
I’m looking for a new laptop. Would love to spend in the $500 range. Can I get a good one for that price? Any recommendations?

jflower

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:33 pm
https://www.microsoft.com/en-u.....ewtab

jflower

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 9:03 pm
I'm pretty happy with my Dell laptop (a few models before this one.) The advantage of buying from the Microsoft store is that they sell Signature Edition laptops, which ship with Windows 10 and no bloatware. You have to download the software you want. To me, this was a huge benefit.

I didn't find any reference to Signature edition in the description of the Dell laptop in my previous post, but it's certainly worth a call to Microsoft to find out which version of Windows ships with the laptop.

https://www.laptopmag.com/arti.....lysis

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 9:29 pm
Just throwing this out there: I was thrilled with my Dell and Acer laptops. I strongly dislike the Lenovo I have now so avoid it even if you get a good deal. It came with so many pre-installed programs that make it crazy slow even with a large hard drive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics