Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do I know what earrings are safe for my newborn?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 11:55 am
I just pierced my baby's ears and would like to order her new earrings for when I'm allowed to take these out. I'm looking on AliExpress and am wondering how I can know what's safe for a baby. I see some that say that they're surgical steel, but they only cost a dollar or two, so I'm suspicious of them. Is there any way I can be sure I'm not putting something harmful on her?

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 11:57 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:04 pm
Buy your newborn's earnings locally.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:13 pm
Thanks, but the earrings she got her ears pierced with were not 100% real gold, though they were designed especially for ear piercing and came in a designated hermetically sealed package with a piercing device. I believe they're real gold plated. I would be comfortable buying something similar for her if I could be assured of their safety.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, but the earrings she got her ears pierced with were not 100% real gold, though they were designed especially for ear piercing and came in a designated hermetically sealed package with a piercing device. I believe they're real gold plated. I would be comfortable buying something similar for her if I could be assured of their safety.

Reason not to purchase from China.

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 1:26 pm
You also need to be careful that the backs are secure and don't come off so easily.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:11 pm
My baby got her ears pierced at the pediatrician. The earrings are the brand Blomdahl. Checkout their website. They carry gold, titanium and plastic earrings. I didn't purchase new ones yet but that's where I'd feel comfortable for safety. I saw that some of their earrings are sold on Amazon as well.

Shuly

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:30 pm
I use the earrings they pierced with until one gets lost. They pierce with surgical steel and it's the best to prevent allergies.
One of my girls was allergic to all earrings, including real gold, so I bought another pair of piercing earrings from the ear piercing place. They just popped it out of the ear piercing machine thing and gave me the actual earrings.
When she got older, I discovered that she just couldn't wear anything on the ear, besides the ear piercing earrings. When her hair grew long enough that it didn't look dumb, I bought her little hoops from China.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics