Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best tasting formula

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:27 pm
My baby is on formula for a few months and is progressively getting more and more resistant to it. I’m starting to wonder if it’s the taste and want to hear what’s the best formula that infants seem to like?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:31 pm
Believe it or not my baby likes the Target brand Up and Up best. The blue box which mimics Similac Pro Advance. She got constipated on Similac Pro Sensitive and diahrreah from any of the Enfamil. Her stomach seems to like the Up and Up best and she likes the taste as well.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 2:35 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Believe it or not my baby likes the Target brand Up and Up best. The blue box which mimics Similac Pro Advance. She got constipated on Similac Pro Sensitive and diahrreah from any of the Enfamil. Her stomach seems to like the Up and Up best and she likes the taste as well.
that’s what I’m using but I’m baffled as to why every feed is a battle. There’s no crying or anything. Just doesn’t seem to want.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
that’s what I’m using but I’m baffled as to why every feed is a battle. There’s no crying or anything. Just doesn’t seem to want.

Are you nursing as well? Or is she getting just formula? Most of the time if the baby is nursing they prefer to nurse, and resist the formula.
A few things that helped when my baby resisted the bottle:
Make sure it’s warm
Have someone else other than you give the bottle. When you hold her and she smells you she wants to nurse.
Try a different bottle and nipple, I use the avent natural
Wait till she’s really hungry and then she might take it.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 3:34 pm
Check for thrush-it could make the tongue burny.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 3:57 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Are you nursing as well? Or is she getting just formula? Most of the time if the baby is nursing they prefer to nurse, and resist the formula.
A few things that helped when my baby resisted the bottle:
Make sure it’s warm
Have someone else other than you give the bottle. When you hold her and she smells you she wants to nurse.
Try a different bottle and nipple, I use the avent natural
Wait till she’s really hungry and then she might take it.

Just formula. I’m not nursing at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics