Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ordering from alibaba

What was your experience when ordering on Ali express?
Great! Was extremely happy  
 24%  [ 21 ]
Most of the time ok  
 64%  [ 55 ]
Terrible!Horrible quality and service  
 10%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 85

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 1:49 pm
Hi! I was thinking of ordering several basics on alibaba and sell them in my community. My experience has proven that most of the time the sizes are very not accurate. Therefore I feel that if I wud order ex. Socks,tights,baby shoes,leggings,pjs on alibaba and resell them at a slightly higher markup ( but still cheaper than reg. Store.) people wud be interested.
I would love to hear some feedback from people who have experience in this field and also from my future fellow shoppers Tongue Out

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 3:20 pm
I have bought things from aliexpress and I find that the quality really can vary depending on the supplier but that once one finds a reliable supplier, it works well.

In terms of quality, to a great extent if the price is too good to be true, then the quality is not going to be good. For example, last year I bought a knock off Burberry poncho (not the camel plaid LOL) but a poncho that Burberry was selling for about $1200. I had it monogrammed with my friend's initials as a present. I think it was about $90. The supplier also sold a cheaper version of the same poncho for about $25 and I added that just to see what the difference would be. There was no comparison as the $90 poncho was fantastic beautiful quality and would easily sell for way more money even if you would be crazy to spend $1200 on the Burberry version.

I have also purchased really nice versions of UGG slippers - again I didn't get the cheapest but at $29 or so, I have very nice sheepskin clog type slippers for around the house. I wasn't trying to fool anyone with UGG replicas but the same quality would have been at least double that info more.

Chinese sizing tends to be small because Chinese are smaller in general so I will go by measurements instead of sizes. If you are buying for resale, it's less of a problem but you would probably consider medium to be xs or small.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 4:50 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have bought things from aliexpress and I find that the quality really can vary depending on the supplier but that once one finds a reliable supplier, it works well.

In terms of quality, to a great extent if the price is too good to be true, then the quality is not going to be good. For example, last year I bought a knock off Burberry poncho (not the camel plaid LOL) but a poncho that Burberry was selling for about $1200. I had it monogrammed with my friend's initials as a present. I think it was about $90. The supplier also sold a cheaper version of the same poncho for about $25 and I added that just to see what the difference would be. There was no comparison as the $90 poncho was fantastic beautiful quality and would easily sell for way more money even if you would be crazy to spend $1200 on the Burberry version.

I have also purchased really nice versions of UGG slippers - again I didn't get the cheapest but at $29 or so, I have very nice sheepskin clog type slippers for around the house. I wasn't trying to fool anyone with UGG replicas but the same quality would have been at least double that info more.

Chinese sizing tends to be small because Chinese are smaller in general so I will go by measurements instead of sizes. If you are buying for resale, it's less of a problem but you would probably consider medium to be xs or small.

Thanks for replying. It’s true that quality of items tend to vary from seller to seller. Sizes also vary greatly from item to item. I’ve had many frustrating moments when I ordered stuff for my kids, waited a couple of weeks,and finally when I did get it it was either too big or too small...
That’s what I’m trying to solve... I would order several of each item in all sizes and people will actually be able to see and try for themselves before buying...
I’m just curious to know if there’s actually a need for such a business.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 4:09 am
I didn't vote because my answer is "mostly happy". I've only bought very cheap things (mostly baby clothes + accessories). Like maximum$10 on an item, so if it isn't good, no big deal. Most of the time I am happy.

Once I got something too small even though it said size 24 months and my child was 20 months AND smallish for his age (both height and weight). Once I got a newborn outfit and it didn't fit until the kid was about 6 months old. But no big deal. I have gotten several things that have been very cute and very cheap, so overall I am a satisfied customer, but I will stick to making inexpensive purchases only.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:39 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for replying. It’s true that quality of items tend to vary from seller to seller. Sizes also vary greatly from item to item. I’ve had many frustrating moments when I ordered stuff for my kids, waited a couple of weeks,and finally when I did get it it was either too big or too small...
That’s what I’m trying to solve... I would order several of each item in all sizes and people will actually be able to see and try for themselves before buying...
I’m just curious to know if there’s actually a need for such a business.

I can only speak for myself. I probably would not consider clothing of that quality once you add a mark-up to the prices for your services. Of course you're justified in charging it, but at the end of the day, I'm going to be paying too much for pretty poor quality clothing. I've seen social media accounts of people who do what you want to do. It's nice that they gather so many cute items and work out the sizing, but the price is no longer attractive.

pizza4

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:09 am
Tottini has stuff from Ali in addition to their own things and it looks like they're doing well.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 3:07 pm
I don’t go by sizes but rather by measurements. If they don’t list the measurements I will email the seller. I have been mostly successful since I do this.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 4:28 pm
I know this doesn't apply to you, but my only real problem with Aliexpress was when I ordered a paper cutting machine. It cost $30 and was missing all the cutting blades. The seller only agreed to give me a $4 refund.

Don't buy this:

Note: Image is from Ebay but same item is sold on Aliexpress
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics