Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dental insurance

yash

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 2:30 pm
does anyone have ideas about dental insurance. I have five kids and my d/h (and me of course) and we need desperately to find a dental insurance. Not dental plan, dental insurace. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 2:33 pm
I found that it wasn't worth it. You have to shlep to their drs and there can be a long wait..and you might not like the dentists.....ANd the services are not covered 100%. We see who we lik and just pay for it.

That said, do you live near any dental schools? Citytech in Brookly, for example, wil clean teeth for $10, amongt other services.

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 2:45 pm
yash wrote:
does anyone have ideas about dental insurance. I have five kids and my d/h (and me of course) and we need desperately to find a dental insurance. Not dental plan, dental insurace. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

I disagree. I have three kids and IY"H hope I will have more and I can tell you it definitely pays. Last year alone one of my kids had over 2000 dollars in dental work. The thing to remember is that there are always out of pocket costs with dental insurance. You have to weigh out your options but with B"H five kids I can't see why it doesn't pay.

Besides I would never go to a dental school or city place. My teeth are precious and I certainly don't want an any body who isn't highly experiance working on them! Wink

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 2:57 pm
lubcoralsprings wrote:
Besides I would never go to a dental school or city place. My teeth are precious and I certainly don't want an any body who isn't highly experiance working on them! Wink

I disagree with the above. It’s actually a very good place to go, b ecause the drs themselves hang over the students, making sure they’re doing everything correctly.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 6:28 pm
if you live in NY and can get your kids on child health plus, that covers dental.
hatzlocha!

MahPitom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 8:40 pm
if you can't get child health plus....

CM, is this the place?

300 Jay St # A438
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 260-5470

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 11:17 am
That's right.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics