Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Annual eye exam for 5 year old - how long to expect

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 2:06 pm
How long does a routine pediatric eye exam take?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 2:09 pm
Depends on the waiting room time. They will probably want to dilate his eyes, so let's say 10 minutes in the exam room beforehand, 15 minutes to dilate, and another 10 minutes after? That's my experience. Maybe not even that long.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
Depends on the waiting room time. They will probably want to dilate his eyes, so let's say 10 minutes in the exam room beforehand, 15 minutes to dilate, and another 10 minutes after? That's my experience. Maybe not even that long.

Thanks so much!

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 2:32 pm
They never dilated my kids eyes at such a young age. They do a routine exam which takes about 10 minutes, unless they have a specific concern.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
They never dilated my kids eyes at such a young age. They do a routine exam which takes about 10 minutes, unless they have a specific concern.

Hmm mine were dilated. I guess it depends why they're there. Usually kids don't go at age five unless there's a concern.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 3:19 pm
yeah, we start at 6/7 and there's no dilation. Wait + checking by an assistant on the machine takes 2/3 minutes then in the room reading/picture test another 2/3 minutes and then doctor checking another 3 minutes. The real thing is the wait time.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 3:28 pm
I would say 15/20 minutes give or take. They do a few different tests and then you have to wait for the dr to finish up etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics