Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chipped tooth repair??

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:10 pm
I chipped my front tooth a few years ago. It's a small chip, so it was repaired in a quick office visit. The bonding lasted till now, when it fell off and I needed to have it redone.

I have new insurance, so I couldn't go back to my original dentist. I went to someone new, he repaired it, and I paid my $80 copay. 5 days later, the bonding fell off and I once again had a chip. To fix it, he wants me to pay AGAIN. I argued that that's insane, I should NOT have to pay again for a repair that lasted 5 days, but he doesn't care. He says it wasn't his mistake, bondings are temporary by nature, and that's how it is.

I am so frustrated, and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm walking around with a piece of my tooth missing and I'm super self conscious about it, and as of now have no plan to get it fixed. If I go to a new dentist, I'll for sure have to pay because a new office would certainly not fix someone else's mistake for free!

My friend thinks I should call the credit card company and dispute the charge, but I'm not sure I'd be justified in doing that. I just don't know what to do and I'm so upset. I don't have tons of extra money lying around to pay for it again!

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:06 pm
Bumping this..anyone? Sad Sad

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:16 pm
FOLOWING.....

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:54 pm
You can definitely try to dispute the charge. The credit card will give the dentist a chance to present his case, its not automatic that you will win. But it makes sense to me that you would be in the right.

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 8:18 pm
I’ve had a chip in my tooth since I’m a kid. I had it bonded at the time, and it repeatedly chipped. When I was 18 and all my permanent teeth were done growing in and I was done with braces, I had a porcelain veneer put on instead of the bonding. It’s stronger and more natural looking. It’s expensive at about $1000 a tooth but much more permanent than bonding. That porcelain veneer lasted me about 20 years and I’m in the process of replacing it because if some light discoloration and to match my adjacent teeth. But it didn’t crack orchip in all that time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics