Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do have a dd at Sharfman's this year?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 12:31 pm
DD is looking into shana bet seminaries for next year. The seminary she is in this year only has a one semester program and although she has friends I really feel like she is not getting the full effect of what seminary should be abpout. She definitaly has not made a connection with any adults and it does not seem like they try- you have to be a "groupie" to get any attention.
Someone had reminded me of Sharfman's, and they do have a full year shana bet program, but, if the girls this year a "clicky" then it will be hard to break into for next year.

DD had looked at Sharfman's for this current year, but chose a different school, probably more because the person who came to speak about the school scared me that everyone comes out like little copies of one mold and not individuals and also performing mitzvot without being taught the halachot. Not saying that is how it is, but that was the impression he gave.
Curious how the year is going?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 5:58 pm
I know nothing about Sharfman's aside from the fact that they have just won the "Kedma" inter-sem singing competition and their performance was AWESOME!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:24 pm
Congrats to them on having great voices ( my voice is awful- always so jealous of those whoc an sing so beautifully- I used to joke that kol Isha did not count for me cuz I would scare people away!)...but not so helpful on my answer though.. anyone else out there know anything?

srbmom

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:29 pm
I don't have current information but I know a daughter of a family friend that went there for shana aleph and bet (3 yers ago) and loved it. She had the most amazing two years and came out a different girl - but not in a flipped out way, in a real solid way.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:30 pm
srbmom wrote:
I don't have current information but I know a daughter of a family friend that went there for shana aleph and bet (3 yers ago) and loved it. She had the most amazing two years and came out a different girl - but not in a flipped out way, in a real solid way.

Really helpful- thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics