Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bingo is coming to Lakewood!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

debsey

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 12:31 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Went there Thursday nite. Was there this afternoon.. This place is awesome..

Flounder 4.99 a lb, thats cheaper then the fish in Shoprite with the questionable Tablet-K hechsher, and better quality.

Shredded mozzarella , 1.99 (Cholov Yisr !!!) .
Beautiful Salmon , Seabass, Trout , VERY GOOD PRICE.
Chicken breasts 1.99.

All the meat looks as nice as the very upscale places for half the price
Lovely spice section. Really nice olive bar, if you are into that.
My only complaint is no coffee section. I was looking for k-cup by the case or fresh beans to grind. They only have instant..

Now that you've posted this, I've gotta check it out. I thought it was hype, but that sounds great. Maybe I can trick my littler ones into thinking it's a great Midwinter outing tomorrow.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
My lettuce was 3.99 for the bag. Do you mean unchecked?

No the checked Blu pantry lettuce which is positive lettuce rebranded was 2.99 a bag and tasted so fresh! I've never had such good lettuce only on pesach in the past.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:48 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Went there Thursday nite. Was there this afternoon.. This place is awesome..

Flounder 4.99 a lb, thats cheaper then the fish in Shoprite with the questionable Tablet-K hechsher, and better quality.

Shredded mozzarella , 1.99 (Cholov Yisr !!!) .
Beautiful Salmon , Seabass, Trout , VERY GOOD PRICE.
Chicken breasts 1.99.

All the meat looks as nice as the very upscale places for half the price
Lovely spice section. Really nice olive bar, if you are into that.
My only complaint is no coffee section. I was looking for k-cup by the case or fresh beans to grind. They only have instant..

I loved it too! (Cuz the prices...)

And DH! (Because the seeds are super fresh like the shuk...)

And my kid! (Well of course- did you see the candy section?!)

Agreed about the coffee 😂

Question to Brooklyn Bingo shoppers- has anyone bought jewelry and are the prices really cheaper?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 11:40 am
How are they able to offer such low prices on fish and meat?
That worries me.
Are they sourced from normal places? Does it taste fresh and Normal?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 12:53 pm
How does it work?

Is everything prepackaged or is there a butcher? Is there a hechsher on the overall store? or on the individual items?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
Not impressed. I went today and the produce was very bad. As I was paying for a bag of clementines I noticed that they were totally mushy and spoiled so I told it to the cashier and said I didn’t want it so he told me to put it back (?!) so I had to send my 10 year old to put it back on the other side of the store. And then I had to spend 10 min packing up my $150 order while the cashier was doing nothing because no one was behind me. I won’t be going back. It’s not good enough for the convenience of the other nicer places with delivery, customer service and baggers

Other stores have employees who bag and box. Those workers need to be paid. Less workers to be paid, means Bingo can charge less. As the wages are not cutting into profits.
If you want your groceries bagged and boxed, then there are other stores, who will very happily fill that need, if you don't mind paying more for your groceries.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
Not impressed. I went today and the produce was very bad. As I was paying for a bag of clementines I noticed that they were totally mushy and spoiled so I told it to the cashier and said I didn’t want it so he told me to put it back (?!) so I had to send my 10 year old to put it back on the other side of the store. And then I had to spend 10 min packing up my $150 order while the cashier was doing nothing because no one was behind me. I won’t be going back. It’s not good enough for the convenience of the other nicer places with delivery, customer service and baggers

If it took a full 10 minutes to bag $150 worth of groceries, I need to take a road trip to this place. Even at my local big box store, that's only a few bags of stuff.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
Other stores have employees who bag and box. Those workers need to be paid. Less workers to be paid, means Bingo can charge less. As the wages are not cutting into profits.
If you want your groceries bagged and boxed, then there are other stores, who will very happily fill that need, if you don't mind paying more for your groceries.

That’s what I said I was going to do. The rude employees and bagging my own stuff did not , for me at least, make bingo good enough for my weekly shopping. I will probably only go once in a while.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
If it took a full 10 minutes to bag $150 worth of groceries, I need to take a road trip to this place. Even at my local big box store, that's only a few bags of stuff.

The bags were like the shop rite bags (thin) was very difficult to separate them.
I’m not going to fight with people over this. I was just giving my opinion and my experience. It didn’t work for me

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
The bags were like the shop rite bags (thin) was very difficult to separate them.
I’m not going to fight with people over this. I was just giving my opinion and my experience. It didn’t work for me

Shoprite gives you the option to bag the items yourself in some checkout lanes or to have an employee bag it for you in other checkout lanes. Shoprite also has a few lanes that are 10 item minimum to speed up the process. I always choose to bag the items myself unless those lanes are closed or I have 10 items or less. And their bags are good, I never had a problem with it but I do double bag if there is glass involved or heavy items. I don't like Bingo for other reasons but not sure why people are comparing it to Shoprite (which is open 24/7 and has delivery service as well).

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
Shoprite gives you the option to bag the items yourself in some checkout lanes or to have an employee bag it for you in other checkout lanes. Shoprite also has a few lanes that are 10 item minimum to speed up the process. I always choose to bag the items myself unless those lanes are closed or I have 10 items or less. And their bags are good, I never had a problem with it but I do double bag if there is glass involved or heavy items. I don't like Bingo for other reasons but not sure why people are comparing it to Shoprite (which is open 24/7 and has delivery service as well).

I was saying that the bags are the shop rite type - extremely thin and hard to separate so it took me a long time to bag my groceries.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:54 pm
I was there too and not impressed with the bags. They were hard to separate. The cashier didnt help one bit and started the next person. Did you notice theres a second lane for the cashier to put the next persons groceries so that while first person is still bagging he/she can start the next person. Meanwhile the second person couldnt get to his stuff to bag, because we , as the first people were still bagging and in the way. In the next aisle I saw an upset lady, because she wanted to use a box and they wanted to charge for that. Overall, its a store to go to once in a while, cant imagine doing a weekly shopping there.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:13 pm
Isn't it a wholesale store? Most wholesale stores don't offer bags altogether.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics